Boston globe GRANT program

Hey guys -- wanted to tell you about this... I just got a letter in the mail from the boston globe which is advertising their GRANT program --- basically they are letting subscribers pick any 501c3 charity in mass and the globe give them $50 of free advertising for each card returned (postage paid by the globe). Granted, $50 won't buy much in that rag, but if a lot of us do it it'll add up.

Comm2a is a 501c3 --- so I'll be writing them in and sending it back to the globe.

This is brilliant if it can be pulled off. [thumbsup]

Edit: Just realized it's only for subscribers. That won't happen.

Last edited:
Would Comm2a like these vouchers credited to them? I don't know if they do any Globe advertising, have a need to publish any legal things, perhaps, or just a PSA of some sort?

We'll hold off until we hear from Comm2a about this.

not every single subscriber to the Glob is a Commie. Some people read "the other side" to stay current on what these people are up to and to balance out their preferred brand of differently biased media. I get my news from libertarian websites, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Boston.com etc. Anyone who only gets their news from Fox News is just as stupid and misinformed as anyone who only get's their news from CNN or MSNBC.

My point is, a Comm2A advertisement might annoy a bunch of pants pissing liberal subscribers (good for its own sake), not even be noticed by lots of people (harmless), but might be useful to a small minority of Glob subscribers who are conservative and pro 2A and subscribe to the Glob for the reasons above and help them get more donations (unlikely maybe but it's a free effort with at least some potential to help and no chance to hurt).

Hey guys, it *has* been a week.

Wifey and I have other places that might be interested in the voucher, we wanted to give you the first opportunity at it. The deadline for the voucher I have is 3/1, but I want to get this off my desk and my to-do list.

It's up to you, you've got until tomorrow to decide before I offer it to another organization. If everyone takes a week to decide if they can use it, I can only contact another one or two, ya know?

This program is active again and Comm2A is listed as a recipient. If you happen to subscribe to the Boston Globe (as unlikely as that is in this forum) you can go to http://bostonglobe.com/grant, enter your account number and choose "Commonwealth Second Amendment (COMM2A)" In the equally-unlikely event that Comm2A wishes to run an ad in the Boston Globe, they'll have a voucher to help offset their costs.

Program runs through 4/30/2016.

Back
Top Bottom