Boston Garden Concealed carry....

MRJ

I've been to a few Celtics games. I never saw a sign, so in I went G-19 and all. Recently the security guards have had the hand wand metal detectors but they were just standing there with them, I went right in armed. Since then I have left my weapon at home because I don't want to risk my friends season tickets with a problem. Anybody know if it is posted anywhere or what the status of the Garden is?

Boston Garden was demolished in 1997. There is no law against it, just their own policies. THey can deny you entrances, if you refuse, then your breaking the law.

Boston Garden was demolished in 1997. There is no law against it, just their own policies. THey can deny you entrances, if you refuse, then your breaking the law.

VERY BAD ADVICE

I am almost positive the ticket says something about weapons being prohibited and I am sure the season ticket holder agreement also states that. The Garden, Fenway and especially Gillette stadium will pull the season tickets in a second for any shenanigans. That means your friend would get trespassed from the garden and loose his season tickets with NO REFUND. I think that your friend might be a bit pissed if this happened.

From their website:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/fans/garden-guest-code-of-conduct.html

Inspection Policy/ Prohibited Items
ALL items brought into the arena are subject to inspection. For safety reasons the following list of items are not permitted in the arena:
• Food or beverages
• Bags or briefcases
• Video cameras or recording devices of any kind
• Laser pointers or similar items
Weapons
• Alcoholic beverages, drugs or other illegal substances

You and Your friend are getting trespassed if you get caught and he’s losing his tickets.

Guns vs Balls

VERY BAD ADVICE

I am almost positive the ticket says something about weapons being prohibited and I am sure the season ticket holder agreement also states that. The Garden, Fenway and especially Gillette stadium will pull the season tickets in a second for any shenanigans. That means your friend would get trespassed from the garden and loose his season tickets with NO REFUND. I think that your friend might be a bit pissed if this happened.

From their website:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/fans/garden-guest-code-of-conduct.html

ALL items brought into the arena are subject to inspection. For safety reasons the following list of items are not permitted in the arena:
• Food or beverages
• Bags or briefcases
Weapons

You and Your friend are getting trespassed if you get caught and he’s losing his tickets.

Actually, I can address this one with personal experience. Not I, but an acquaintance with whom I went to Gillette last fall for a Pats game, got stopped, "wanded" and pulled from the line (and our group). He explained the situation and produced his license. At this point they explained that, licensed or not, weapons aren't allowed in the stadium (except for on-duty LEO). For the record, that also extends to the edges of the road- not just the field/Grandstands.

Next they told him to go put it in the car and lock the door (!?!?). When he got annoyed (Doh!) they offered to get a Trooper to explain the rules. At this point we intervened and quickly talked some sense into him thus defusing the situation. He asked them if he could "check it" which they refused and so he ended up having to wait in the parking lot while we watched the game. When we found him he was sloppy drunk eating burgers and drinking beer with the couple in the truck next to ours.

So, after all that, I was left with a few conclusions.
1. **** is a jackass and should have known better [rolleyes].
2. It's this way everywhere now...MLB,NFL, Concerts, etc..
3. In this one small area we (MA residents) actually have far more freedom than many other more "gun friendly" states. In MA, if you can get a hold of a LTC A/Unrestricted, you're pretty much good to go expect for Fed buildings, Schools and the above.
4. There are trade offs associated with going out for Public entertainment. It's up to us to decide for ourselves where the line is between the our desire to be armed and our desire to attend public entertainment events.

First Fsorrent, I'm not getting down on you or making any assumption about your level of responsibility. **** was a fool for many reasons, not the least of which was getting plowed while being armed.

Personally, I feel that when I go to a Pat's game, I'm going to be drinking before, during and/or after [smile]. I'm not a drunk mind you, but I feel I would make a calculated decision to take a risk and park the guns in some situations. (Note that my license expired almost 10 years ago and I am now on week #1 [crying] of waiting for the mailman to bring me a new one-so it's been years since I actually had to make this decision)

This is a touchy subject since it deals with season tickets. The pats and celts are more than happy to pull your season tickets (with no partial refund) and sell them to someone else on the huge list. How happy would your friend be if you caused him to lose his season tickets?

Actually, I can address this one with personal experience.

Going into the Old Boston Garden for a concert in '78 I had an AMT backup in my pocket, got hand frisked on the way in. The security guard feels it 'what's that?'..'it's a handgun, I have an LTC'.

He flips, pulls me aside tells me to give it to him, I say no, that I want to see the BPD senior officer on detail. A BPD Lt shows up & I talk to him (also tell him dad is one the job). They have no facility to secure the weapon and I said I can't just hand it to him as I'm the one responsible for it, if some usher shoots someone with it I'm screwed. He agreed but said because it was private property they had the right to 'disarm me'..so he takes the mag tells me where to meet him afterward and I go in.

After the concert I meet him. Mine was the 1st of three guns to come in that night, including one on an offduty Revere PO. They both handed over their weapons to the security people. The Lt told me I did the right thing, he was a very nice guy.

never checked me for the 2nd mag though. [smile]

Knowing what I know now...I would leave it home or put a lockbox in the trunk

Went to a Bruins game a few years ago with my Sig P220 concealed. I was horrified to find the line I was waiting in was searching people with a wand. My buddy, who knew I was carrying, kept looking at me like a cross between "what R U going to do" and "you freakin' idiot, we're gonna miss the game over this". So here I am thinking I'll just tell the lady with the wand I have a LTC and have a CCW, maybe they'll just ask me to leave, whatever. The wand goes over me, around me, I'm sitting here waiting to look like an a**h***, and....

...nothing happens. She waves me on. I watch the game with my friends and by some miracle, nobody gets shot! ...imagine that.

I suspect her wand ran out of batteries and she was under pressure to keep the line moving because she went RIGHT over my Sig and nothing.

I'm not a drunk mind you, but I feel I would make a calculated decision to take a risk and park the guns in some situations. (Note that my license expired almost 10 years ago and I am now on week #1 [crying] of waiting for the mailman to bring me a new one-so it's been years since I actually had to make this decision)

+1, if I think I'm going to have (or would like to have) more than a couple drinks I don't carry. It's not worth it.

I work a lot at Gillette stadium, Doing EMS details, not law enforcement. I have seen them deny entrance to off duty police officers, and federal agents who arrived armed. The difference is that they are told they can check their weapons at a police staging area, which is on the grounds, but outside of the stadium.
I have also spent a good bit of time actually watching the security guys doing the pat downs, They get so busy when the rush starts, that after about an hour I could probably get a shotgun and a case of beer by them.

From their website:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/fans/gard...f-conduct.html

• Food or beverages
• Bags or briefcases
• Weapons

So, no mobile phones allowed, either?!

Back
Top Bottom