1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Boston Dining and Drinking Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by C. Stockwell, Apr 30, 2019.

1. SKumar

SKumar NES Member

Yvonnes is great. Awesome cocktails and entrees. Huge wine list. Great atmosphere. It can get crowded on fri/sat nights.
    Tony C's = JUNK

Indian food = Kashmir on newbury st = THUMBS UP. Also, Shanti has locations on Dot ave and in Cambridge (THUMBS UP). I highly recommend the lunch buffets on weekends since thats' the best way to try everything (honestly Indian food is best buffet style).

C. Stockwell likes this.

2. Greg

Greg

Within 1 mile of where I was staying in CA was 3 pizza places,one of them being the best I ever had and the other 2 better than just about any other place in MA or RI. I guess it depends what part of CA,but at least inn Northern CA there were a lot of pizza places.

Pizza is good,but I was more into exploring all the Indian,Thai and vegan places in CA. Strange thing was even though I was staying in an area with an abundance of cattle farms,there weren't any tier one alpha steakhouses around. Had to go to SF for that.

3. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias

Not in Boston, but north of Boston ...

Los Chamos - If you like Venezuelan food. Their food is amazing. Much better than Orinoco in Boston.

If you never tried Venezuelan food, you should go. Wear loose pants, they will get tight from all the food. They also have a gigantic burger.

In Boston ...

If you want a really good steak sandwich, Ruth's Chris at the old State House during lunch time. Get it rare. It is a pretty thin piece of steak that just melts away.

Dont go ...

To the Aegentine Steakhouse I'm Cambridge. Tango. Their food is good, but it's not even close to Argentine food. Unless you want milanesas, those are almost the same.

Greg likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg

That place looks good..Is chicha the same as horchata ?

The iced coffee with chicha sounds really good.

Im so far out in the middle of nowhere every decent sounding place is 90 minutes from me lol

Sadly the only thing I can contribute to this thread is a new Mexican place in Marlboro. Lalos Mexican Restaurant,460 Lincoln St. Authentic Mexican food that as of yet,hasn't been whitewashed for the soccer moms and dads who lack tastebuds and think nachos are the epitome of Mexican cuisine lol

5. DarthRevan

DarthRevan Instructor NES Member

I went to Yvonne’s twice. The first time was for drinks and they were very good. Second time was for food and I don’t know what went wrong but everything sucked, which was a shame since the location is very cool. I’m willing to bet it was a combination of pissed off waitress phoning it in that night and a very large group of college rich kids making asses of themselves.

C. Stockwell likes this.
  6. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias

I had to ask ... looks like in Venezuela they are pretty much the same, except Horchata is very thick and Chicha has more milk and water, so it is more liquid.

These things vary by country in Latam.

Greg likes this.
  7. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell

Ok, so consensus is to go to Yvonne's on an unbusy night, like say a Monday night?

8. fishgutzy

fishgutzy

Boston Beer Works, near the Gaahden, had good food. My brother tells me the berr os good too. I don;t know because I stopped drinking before Ronald Reagan deregulated beer and triggered the microbrew boom.
    Been to Abe and Louie's twice. Awesome for special occasions. Last time I went with my wife, over 20 years ago, it was $120 for the two of us. And that was without any alcohol. You can bet the wait staff there does not want a $15/hr mandated wage.

9. garandman

garandman Instructor NES Member

Forgot all about that!

I was pretty sure I’d figured out where it was, but never stopped by. Thread was hilarious.

10. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

I miss that pizza guy, whatever happened to him???

11. Waher

Waher NES Member

Pending court case if I recall correctly.

12. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell

Went to Santza yesterday after Regina and before the Sox game. Was with two friends and one of them had never been to Regina before. Overall, good experience. Nice place to relax post-meal.

Friendly and helpful female bartender, I liked the wine and spirit list (their online menu is bigger than the menu they put on your table, so probably would be good to see that if you want something specific), and next to all the good food joints in the North End like Mike's, Modern, Regina, and other places. I got a Sandeman 30-year tawny port and the house Churchill cigar. Note to newbs: there is no cutting fee on house cigars. The only complaint I have is that yes, you will reek of cigar when you go there. I made sure to change outer layers before going to the Sox game.

Nice place to go once in awhile I think.

drgrant likes this.
  13. smokey-seven

smokey-seven NES Member

Smokey points North ^