Boston City Hall

BillT113

NES Member
I find myself needing to go to Boston City Hall today. Am I able to check my firearm or am I not able to carry? I searched here and on google and couldn't find any info.

I read that, I know I cant carry in a court house but I can usually check my firearm in. I was wondering if BCH was the same. I called them and was told "I am not sure you should probably leave it at home"

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will leave in in the car safe

I read that, I know I cant carry in a court house but I can usually check my firearm in. I was wondering if BCH was the same. I called them and was told "I am not sure you should probably leave it at home"

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will leave in in the car safe

Yeah, you're best leaving it in the car for this one.

BD1150SM_Open_LRG.jpg

There is no place to check firearms at City Hall. There are metal detectors and bag searches.

Yes, this. Almost lost a Leatherman that I forgot was in my bag to that except the cop on duty was understanding and I took it back to my car. If it was a gun, I'm guessing I would have been flat on the ground with the SWAT team on the way.

I hate going there. So does everyone who works there.

My latest dodge is I ride my motorcycle and park in the "Court Vehicles only" area with a couple of other bikes. Or I ride a bike. T is 3rd choice, paying a parking garage is last choice.

I hate going there. So does everyone who works there.

My latest dodge is I ride my motorcycle and park in the "Court Vehicles only" area with a couple of other bikes. Or I ride a bike. T is 3rd choice, paying a parking garage is last choice.

Really shouldn't be riding the T unarmed.

Really shouldn't be riding the T unarmed.

Hilarious but true. About 10 years ago I was visiting my girlfriend at the time who was living in Salem. We rode the T into Boston and on the way saw a woman in her 30's pull a knife on a teenage boy over a seat. Granted he should have given the woman the seat, but generally speaking, you can bump into some real savages while riding public transportation.

Yes, Homeland Security cut funding to the MBTA and other agencies in half: in 2013. Hide yo wife hide yo kids.

The one common-ish crime on the T is "snatch and grab" as a car unloads. Hang on to your Earbuds, phones, and bags.

Along with armored cars that had sunroofs (not kidding) the real crime is the lack of accountability of cash collection and

eligible employees paid in about $47,000 in contributions, and take out $1.65 million in pension and healthcare benefits," Baker said. "After its recent round of reforms, new employees will contribute $67,000 to take out $1.49 million in benefits. Still a huge problem."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom