1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Boston Bruins 2018-2019 Season......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slugworth, Sep 11, 2018.

1. drgelinas

drgelinas NES Member

On Wednesday I would like to see Backes on the 3rd line with Coyle & Johansson instead of Heiden.

kmanick likes this.
  2. BUMPA01603

BUMPA01603 NES Member

3. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

They better bring all they got regardless. Agree on Backes.

yogi and slugworth like this.
  4. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member

Nothing in sports better than a game 7 for The Cup.

yogi, Daddy Mac, BUMPA01603 and 4 others like this.
  5. El_Guapo77

El_Guapo77 NES Member

This bruins team has balls

6. El_Guapo77

El_Guapo77 NES Member

Sure if you don't have your team involved otherwise it can be a very stressful experience :D

xero2099, slugworth and DarthRevan like this.
  7. robjax

robjax

so a few games ago they get a lot of penalty calls in their favor so a lot of power plays and they win.

two games ago in Boston few penalties are called and they lose.

last night more penalties are called and they win.

Wonder how the game will be called on Wednesday.

If it is a repeat no penalty game the B's had better pick up on that pretty quickly...

yogi, ISOTOX and slugworth like this.
  8. DarthRevan

DarthRevan Instructor NES Member

FWIW the penalties that were called in the Bruins favor were shots over the glass and legitimate tripping/interference.
    They also took some stupid penalties that were legit, so I feel like it was a wash.
    What was different was that they finally were able to clear the zone and play in the neutral zone far more than they had the last two games. If they keep it up Wednesday I think we’re lining up on the Commons waiting for the Duck Boats.

SeanT, yogi, Salyeica and 1 other person like this.
  9. robjax

robjax

Well, I'm hoping for another Duck Boat event. Do or die for both so the intensity level is going to be really high. The good news is that it is at home for us so the B's intensity should be off the charts.

10. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member

I already put in for a personal day on Thursday. If they win, I think the city of Boston will start charging the Pats, Sox, and Bruins (c'mon Celts) for parade costs.

robjax, yogi, kelton and 1 other person like this.
  11. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob NES Member

Please don't put the cart before the horse. They still have one very tough game to go and no one is going to leave anything on the table. (Don't jinx them!)

JayMcB, robjax, yogi and 4 others like this.
  12. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member

I'm not assuming anything. Just know it's going to be a late night. And I always look forward to the list of injuries guys have been playing with that come out after the end.

bigpick and robjax like this.
  13. nastynatural

nastynatural NES Life Member NES Member

14. GlockJock

GlockJock NES Member

Usually - USUALLY - the refs will just "Let them play", partly to not go down in sports "lore" as the Ref/Ump/Official/(etc) who affected the outcome of a Playoff Game/Series/Super Bowl/etc with a call/bad call/blown call/(etc etc etc)...

Usually.

yogi and robjax like this.
  15. robjax

robjax

Well, lets hope the puck is in the B's favor Wednesday. :emoji_thumbsup: lol

BUMPA01603 likes this.
  16. Yazz

Yazz NES Life Member NES Member

Anyone have $5,000.00 I can borrow to go to the game? LOL

SeanT, yogi and BUMPA01603 like this.
  17. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

I'm not a hockey fan, but I do try and watch when the Bruins are in the playoffs. It is pretty fun...but man...blind guys can't follow the puck. BRING BACK THE TRACER PUCK.

It is also nice to see that the NHL officiating sucks ass too. :)

So, which team will show up on Wed? The team that is slow and gets the crap pounded out of them or the guys who give as good as they get?

18. Mr.E

Mr.E

I was just looking at tickets. $7k for seats behind the bench or next to the penalty box...

19. new guy

new guy NES Member

My EA has season tickets right by the side of the tunnel. She was agonizing over whether or not to sell Wed's tickets. She told me how much she could clear on the pair (something like $6k) and I just laughed and told her she'd be crazy to keep them.

20. bdb

bdb NES Member

That was absolutely the worst invention in the history of hockey, thank god it was short lived! My wife who isn't blind and is a hockey fan (not rabid like me) has the same issue following the puck so you aren't alone.

SeanT likes this.
  21. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

If you're enough of a fan to have season tickets (and have control over them) why wouldn't you go to that game? [laugh] I mean isn't that kind of the
    point- you get the tickets and you can sell off crap ones and have access to the good stuff when you want it...

-Mike

SeanT and BUMPA01603 like this.
  22. new guy

new guy NES Member

I guess the season tix themselves are something like $15k, and then when they get into the playoffs the team sends an invoice for an additional huge chunk of money if you want in. It's wild. Maybe (Probably) it's because I'm not a huge fan, but to leave $6k on the table so that you can go to a game that they might very well end up losing anyway seems nuts.

She listed them last night and was planning on giving it 24hrs. Apparently her tickets sold this afternoon on stubhub.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  23. Mr.E

Mr.E

but she still has to buy them at face value though right?

24. new guy

new guy NES Member

25. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member

We watch on a 65 inch 4K TV. Works fine for us and only cost half as much as one ticket. My favorite bumper sticker ever: Jesus Saves! And Esposito Scores on the Rebound!

26. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

Seriously, how many times in your life are you going to get to say you were at a Game 7 in the garden....especially if they win, you'd be kicking yourself for the rest of your life for missing out.

27. Stryker

Stryker NES Member

lowest price on stub hub is $1600 - most expensive ticket is row 1 center ice for $16,500 - insane!

upload_2019-6-10_17-54-23.png

28. BUMPA01603

BUMPA01603 NES Member

I'm going to watch it from my sofa with friends and family. If I had that kind of disposable income to spare, THIS is a once in a lifetime event that I'd spend it on. But, home has its advantages: no lines usually for the restroom, beers, food, etc. And there's a good group of NESers to watch it with! I've got some good goal celebration gifs ready to go [thumbsup]

29. TC McQuade

TC McQuade NES Member

NHL Facing Referee Dilemma For Game 7 Of Stanley Cup Final Between Bruins And Blues

Through six games of the series, the league has employed two sets of referees, alternating them every game. The odd-numbered games have been reffed by Kelly Sutherland and Steve Kozari, while the even-numbered games have been reffed by Chris Rooney and Gord Dwyer.

By that measure, one might assume that Game 7 would fall under the responsibility of Sutherland and Kozari. Alas, it’s not that simple.

Game 5 was marred by some significant missed calls. Kozari was standing mere feet away when Ivan Barbashev delivered a hit to the head of Marcus Johansson. Kozari didn’t deem that hit worthy of a penalty; the league deemed it worthy of a suspension during the Stanley Cup Final.

All of which leads us to Game 7. Not only did the two referees clearly err on a grand stage in Game 5, but they also faced heavy scrutiny from the Bruins. Can those same two referees — both longtime veterans — be expected and counted on to officiate the game competently and without being influenced by the intense criticism lobbed at them by one of the teams involved in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final?

If the NHL were so inclined, it could employ the Rooney/Dwyer duo for Game 7, to avoid a potentially disastrous situation from developing in Boston. The options outside of that are fairly slim … because of other major officiating gaffes made this postseason.

By that standard, it’s likely that the NHL will avoid sending Sutherland and Kozari back to Boston for Game 7, given all of the controversy that marred Game 5. Then again, absent many alternative options, that much won’t be known until (or if) the league decides to make an official announcement.

UPDATE: While far from an official announcement, it seems as though ESPN’s John Buccigross is reporting that the Game 6 crew of Rooney and Dwyer will don the stripes for Game 7.

BUMPA01603 likes this.
  30. Picton

Picton NES Member

Why wouldn’t they just send Rooney and Dwyer back out? It’s a no-brainer. I’m not saying the Game 5 crew is incapable of reffing fairly; there’s a reason they’re still in the pool at this stage. But why take the chance?

I think everyone agrees Game 6 was one of the best-officiated games this series.

SeanT, drgrant and BUMPA01603 like this.