Boston Area Saltwater Charter recommendation request.

CWulf

NES Member
My son (19) wants to do some saltwater fishing with some of his buddies. We are looking for a recommendation for charter boat out of anywhere in the Boston area. He doesn't want to do one of the big party boats, his party is about 4 guys and a boat that takes out 4-10 would be good. Looking for Stripers or Blue Fish. Any suggestions would be welcome, we are just west of Boston so Boston Harbor, North Shore or South Shore would work.

i don't have any recomendations, but most charters will be 6 pack ( 6 person limits)boats ( uninspected vessels), there are a few inspected vessel charters with higher capacity, but i do not know any of them in Greater boston area.

F/V little sister out of Quincy. Captain Jason Colby is a pretty good dude. A little bit of an old salt. He has open boat charters Tuesday’s and Thursday’s that you can probably get onto the easiest.

Out of South Boston. Used him before absolutely fantastic results. With over thirty years of FULL TIME commercial and charter fishing experience, Captain Chuck DiStefano is recognized as one of the best in the business.

As a full time fisherman (12 months a year), his wealth of knowledge will put you on the BIG ONES.

Captain Chuck was the original to guarantee “keeper striped bass or the trip is free”.

He holds a USCG 100 Ton Masters Near Coastal License [#866369]. 617775-7745.

out of point Judith Ri ran a group of 9 boats fish this guy is the best

Captain Rick Bellavance 401-741-5648​

Capt. Rick is the owner and operator of Priority Charters,LLC. He is a lifelong Rhode Island resident and under the watchful eye of his dad, Rick began his career on the water at 10 years old. Here, he would run his 12-foot wooden skiff around Narragansett Bay catching shellfish and winter flounder. He has worked on some of Point Judith's most respected charter boats and he has quietly gained the reputation as a professional skipper. Rick acquired his U.S.C.G. 100 ton Masters License in 1994. He is the current President of the Rhode Island Party and Charter Boat Association and he was appointed in 2016 to represent RI on the New England Fishery Management Council. As a PADI certified Dive Instructor, Rick is as comfortable in the water as he is on the bridge or running the cockpit. He has a strong passion for bringing the best fishing experiences to all who fish with him.

Shameless plug for my dad's charter business. Been doing it for decades.

What sucks this year is that you can't keep any of the big bass due to the restrictions. Can have fun reeling them in though!
Can only keep bass from 28" to 35"

Shameless plug for my dad's charter business. Been doing it for decades.

What sucks this year is that you can't keep any of the big bass due to the restrictions. Can have fun reeling them in though!
Can only keep bass from 28" to 35"
Yeah my son told me about that restriction, makes no sense to me.

Oh, and shameless plugs accepted and appreciated...

Yeah my son told me about that restriction, makes no sense to me.

Oh, and shameless plugs accepted and appreciated...
Meanwhile if you're a commercial striped bass fisherman, you can keep anything over 35".....and up to 15 fish.....makes sense....

Back
Top Bottom