Boston “Assault Weapon” Law Specific to SKS

Hi folks. I took a look through some of the threads in this sub-forum to try to find the answer but I don’t think this has been addressed specifically.

I’m a relatively new shooter and own an SKS (10 round fixed mag, previous owner swapped in a synthetic stock so I own the original stock & bayonet but it’s not attached to the gun currently). I also happen to be house hunting around the Boston area (no housing takes please, this is bad enough as it is).

I’m reading through the City of Boston “assault weapon” law as posted on Boston.gov and the SKS seems to be a bit of a contradictory item here:

Section 1.1.f mentions SKS rifles specifically as part of the ban.

However, 1.2.i under the list of items NOT considered assault assault weapons is
“(i) a rifle which employs a fixed magazine with a capacity of ten rounds or less;”

That would appear to describe basically the whole point of buying an SKS in Massachusetts and enduring being made fun of forever by AR & AK owners.

Very curious to know if anyone can say for sure what the actual correction legal interpretation is.

If it's named on the Boston AWB list it is banned in Boston, regardless of the enforceability of the ordinance. You can own it within the state, but not keep or bring it into the city as a Boston resident.

Is a SKS even considered "fixed magazine". I have a junker SKS with a mag
I understand we are talking about bs terms and unconstitutional laws

Key words in s1.1 are in bold:

“Such term shall include, in addition to any other rifles and shotguns identified by said board, all versions of the following, … “

As a document Author writing codifed documents (means enacted by ‘law’ or legislation) that section supercedes the following point mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom