• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Borrowing a non compliant gun

I did not know that. I believe my point still stands though. A Mass dealer that won't transfer complete non compliant gun to you also won't transfer just the lower receiver of non compliant to you either.

A frame isn't a gun under mass law. There is no such thing as a non-compliant frame. The FFL still needs to follow federal law though, as it is a firearm per federal law. An FFL may choose not to do the transfer, but that is their choice, not a legal requirement.

Last edited:
maybe somebody with an exact understanding of gun trusts can lead you into some way of doing this legally.

A frame isn't a gun under mass law. There is no such thing as a non-compliant frame. The FFL still needs to follow federal law though, as it is a firearm per federal law. An FFL may choose not to do the transfer, but that is their choice, not a legal requirement.

If you know a FFL who will transfer a frame of a handgun that is not on the roster, please, I have an empty PM box and a short list of firearms I'd love to add to my collection. Generally though, this is one of those technical factoids that is useless in reality. :(

If you know a FFL who will transfer a frame of a handgun that is not on the roster, please, I have an empty PM box and a short list of firearms I'd love to add to my collection. Generally though, this is one of those technical factoids that is useless in reality. :(

It's like out of state ammo shipping, not illegal, but no one will do it... [thinking]

You won't end up in PITA prison for buying a gun that isn't on the, 'list' you refer to.

No one is going to pass out that kind of info to a random person on the internet without ever meeting you in person. Get to some NES shoots or something and ask around.

Back
Top Bottom