• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

borrowing a gun for extended period

bsaks

NES Life Member
NES Member
are there any issues with borrowing a handgun for an extended period of time? both parties have ltc. no hi cap mags. all kosher right?

Not legal advice, but I wouldn't borrow it for CCW. Jack.

no. not for ccw. would be just for paper punching and maybe some club events. FIL retired and wants to shoot more at his club but can't afford to buy new handguns. was thinking he could borrow a few since they sit in a safe while I'm working anyway.

Babysitting other peoples guns is legal. I've done it for god knows how many years. I think I have a couple that are going on a decade, now.... [rofl]

-Mike

Since within the state, absolutely no issues. If across state lines, sporting purposes only (no CCW, self defense, etc). You can store your friends guns in your safe for 50 years...

Since within the state, absolutely no issues. If across state lines, sporting purposes only (no CCW, self defense, etc). You can store your friends guns in your safe for 50 years...
. Is there an actual law stating that l that I can only use a borrowed fire arm for "sporting purposes" accross a state line? Assuming of course I'm legal to possession in both states.

For the sake of the "Guns History" , what happened when, create paperwork between the both of you reflecting the arrangement and both sign it.

Then sleep better tonight.

. Is there an actual law stating that l that I can only use a borrowed fire arm for "sporting purposes" accross a state line? Assuming of course I'm legal to possession in both states.

It's a federal law that nobody has ever been prosecuted with.... or at least I've never seen an attempted prosecution or case law on it.

Back
Top Bottom