• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Borrow Action Block and Wrench?

So, I'm on my last [for a while] AR-15 build and it's a retro 602 build. I realized all my tools that I've used to put together my other ones and to help all my buddies build their rifles won't work with the old style upper. If this was my first build I'd just buy the action block and a different barrel nut wrench, but since I'm taking a break for a while after this one, I was wondering if anyone could let me borrow the tools for the weekend of August 23rd?

Need an action block that can accommodate an upper with the carry handle, and a barrel nut wrench that isn't "closed", since the FSB is in the way to run the wrench all the way down the barrel from the muzzle, which is how my wrench works.

I live in Pepperell, work in Bedford, MA. If you're anywhere along or near Rt-3 I could stop by before, during, or after work to grab them off you the week of the 19th. Or I'll paypal you to mail them to me! Should fit in a USPS flat rate box.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Action block; two pieces of soft pine 2x4. Barrel wrench; strap wrench from Lowes for $14.95.

Thanks guys!!!

Gammon, the pine block is what I've done on all the others, but I'm super nervous about damaging the upper on this one because its an original 604 and I'd lose my mind if I bent the carry handle or something. I got wicked lucky to find this one in the condition it is.

Hi Matty, I have the following:

Amazon.com: ProMag AR-15/M16 Lower Receiver Magazine Well Vise Block, Black: Sports & Outdoors
Amazon.com: Aim Sports AR15/M4 Combo Wrench Tool (PJTW3): Sports & Outdoors

Not sure if they will work for you (?)

I live in Groton so not too far - we could meet somewhere in between this weekend or I drive through Pepperell M,W,F around 5:30am on my way to the Nashua Y to get a swim in (and back through Pepperell ~7:45) so we could also meet somewhere along that route (say the DD) around one of those times on Monday

I have the tools you need if you want to head down to East bridgewater.

Bout an hour and a half ride. So PM me if you want to work out a mail deal, or if you'd like to head down over the weekend, bring your rifle, and a six pack. We'll light the grill and play with the kid's and dog when we are done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom