• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boresighter

Anyone know where I can get a boresighter locally? I will be shooting a new rifle this weekend witha newly mounted scope and need to set it up. This rifle has no iron sights to reference so I'm looking for some way to "get on the paper" at say 25 yards. I can take it from there. Any ideas?

IMO if you are starting at 25 yards you probably wont have a problem hitting paper with a fresh mounted scope.

Nope. AR.

If you cannot find a laser boresighter:

Set up a black bullseye-type target at 25 yards. Remove the upper from the lower. Place the upper in some sort of stable cradle. Remove the bolt/carrier group and charging handle. Look down bore and center the bullseye in the bore. Adjust sights until point of aim = center of bull when the bull is centered in the bore.

Reassemble rifle and refine zero with live fire.

If you cannot find a laser boresighter:

Set up a black bullseye-type target at 25 yards. Remove the upper from the lower. Place the upper in some sort of stable cradle. Remove the bolt/carrier group and charging handle. Look down bore and center the bullseye in the bore. Adjust sights until point of aim = center of bull when the bull is centered in the bore.

Reassemble rifle and refine zero with live fire.

+1. Almost as simple as a bolt action. That's how I boresighted my scope onto my SP1, and how my dad boresights most of his rifles. It works.

Back
Top Bottom