bored and smoking

OK, that's pretty cool. Just mineral spirits, or would kerosene work?

Stupid can of sight black spray will probably last me forever, and it's pretty messy to apply. Quick and easy, but messy. Was thinking about giving the family a head's up for a Ray-Vin smoker for an upcoming B-day, but this would work fine.

The plus to the ray Vin is no need to remeber a lighter or matches. As long as its full of calcium carbide you just need some spit.

Last edited:

Stupid can of sight black spray will probably last me forever, and it's pretty messy to apply. Quick and easy, but messy. Was thinking about giving the family a head's up for a Ray-Vin smoker for an upcoming B-day, but this would work fine.
My can lasted about 7 years

Similar concept to the German gasoline or "petrol" cigarette lighters of WW2. They got creative as they didn't have Zippos. Very popular item captured from the Americans.

t

The plus to the ray Vin is no need to remeber a lighter or matches. As long as its full of calcium carbide you just need some spit.

I like my rav vin smoker but it can be a little picky at times. I have to remember to give it a once over the night before the match.

i went with oderless as korosene just smells as does traditional "zippo" fluid.

That's actually pretty neat! One application must be good for a whole match eh?

Thanks!
Service rifle shooters will do a lot of things trying to get a few more points. Some will even spray stickum or spray glue on the spots they grip on the stock and the recoil pad/plate

I was going to test the volatility of my smoker after sitting for 12 days.......now where did I put that stupid thing

As a young private, on the range someone always had a lighter so just grab a plastic spoon and when it burns puts of a great black soot perfect for sight black.

Mac, I will have my ray vin smoker with me tomorrow - in case your science experiement doesn't work :) :)

Back
Top Bottom