• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Border Patrol

daltrey99

NES Member
I thought I would share with you an interesting story that happened to my wife and I while on vacation in New Mexico.
We drove down to El Paso, TX after going to Carlsbad Cavern and the Guadalupe Mountains. The next day we drove up to White Sands National Monument and had to go through a boder patrol checkpoint. We were about 10 cars back from the checkpoint when an officer asked me to roll down the window. He proceeded with some small talk then asked if he could hide something in our car for their dogs to try and find for training purpose. I said sure but my wife was a little nervous. I opened the gas filler door and he put something in there. As we went to the checkpoint the dog was going nuts and found the contraband right away. This brought about 4 officers over right away. Now the thing is, the other officer did not tell the others what he did until there was a lot of comotion. It was a different kind of experience. I was thanked by everyone for my help and cooperation.

Now fast forward to an hour later.... We had to go through another border patrol checkpoint. First thing my wife says is " I hope they took everything out from the training test." It did make me think because I didnt see them remove anything although I did pop the gas filler door. But they must have because nothing was out of the ordinary and we were let through. The first thing I did when getting gas later on in the day was to look around the gas filler door just to double check. LOL

I agree with Yanici. Let them rent a car and use their own personnel. I can envision a LOT of bad things that COULD have happened to you.

Back
Top Bottom