• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Border Patrol has a ‘shadow police unit’ that protects agents when they kill, groups say

“The U.S. Border Patrol maintains teams with specialized evidence collection capabilities across the southwest border,” the unnamed spokesperson said. “These teams consist of highly trained personnel available to respond around the clock to collect and process evidence related to CBP enforcement activities as well as critical incidents. In the case of serious incidents involving CBP personnel, members of these teams are sometimes called upon to assist investigators from CBP OPR and other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. This is a vitally important capability as many critical incidents involving CBP operations occur in remote locations where other agencies may be unwilling or unable to respond.” “Their stated mission is to mitigate liability for agents,” said Andrea Guerrero, executive director of Alliance San Diego, quoting from a presentation created by San Diego’s Border Patrol unit and obtained by a journalist, John Carlos Frey. “In other words, their mission is protect agents, not the public.”

“The U.S. Border Patrol maintains teams with specialized evidence collection capabilities across the southwest border,” the unnamed spokesperson said. “These teams consist of highly trained personnel available to respond around the clock to collect and process evidence related to CBP enforcement activities as well as critical incidents. In the case of serious incidents involving CBP personnel, members of these teams are sometimes called upon to assist investigators from CBP OPR and other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. This is a vitally important capability as many critical incidents involving CBP operations occur in remote locations where other agencies may be unwilling or unable to respond.” “Their stated mission is to mitigate liability for agents,” said Andrea Guerrero, executive director of Alliance San Diego, quoting from a presentation created by San Diego’s Border Patrol unit and obtained by a journalist, John Carlos Frey. “In other words, their mission is protect agents, not the public.”
They protect American citizens, yes even border guards. Not slimy illegal border crossers. Amen !

Now I really do feel left out. I never got an invite to this super secret special unit :(.

It's no secret unit, doh. There's a 'Critical Incident Team', that shows up along with anyone else who has authority to investigate an incident. Yes, it's purpose is to figure out what actually happened, so when law suits start flying, the agency has first hand reports to pull from. Let's look at this sentence: where other agencies may be unwilling or unable to respond. So, no one was going to go out there anyway? Now there's at least some record of what happened? The horror.

'Highly trained'? That's laughable. Hell, I was once an 'elite agent' according to the NYT. Hint, there's nothing 'elite' about my former status.

CBP… You mean the guys who are our first (and right now only) line of defense against a not so silent invasion? The guys who risk getting shot at by coyotes/cartels/assorted other shit smears? Yeah, how about we (in my best Lumbergh voice) go ahead and leave them alone?

CBP… You mean the guys who are our first (and right now only) line of defense against a not so silent invasion? The guys who risk getting shot at by coyotes/cartels/assorted other shit smears? Yeah, how about we (in my best Lumbergh voice) go ahead and leave them alone?
I just looked it up, the Patrol lost 40 some odd agents in the last 2 years, I'm guessing mostly to Kung Flu. That will weigh on some people as well. I knew it was a lot, but damn.

Back
Top Bottom