Border Patrol checkpoint I-93 in New Hampshire...........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a FIREARMS DISCUSSION FORUM and so I believe this must be said.

It's beyond the limits of my imagination, patience, and tolerance that some people remain with their heads in the sand - AND ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY WEAPONS IN THE PUBLIC ARENA. I was trained to accept the fact that some people shouldn't be allowed to use a steak knife - much less a firearm. If you don't have a firm and solid grasp of what is happening in our country and you have some belief that these checkpoints are there to protect you and your constitutional way of life, then please - continue to keep your arms and use them for home defense. Home security - great! Keep you and yours safe - AT HOME. But please - if you are "politically and educationally" sandbagged, brainwashed, hoodwinked, mentally molested, - for whatever reason, you should not be out and about carrying firearms. If you don't know what's going on - WITH ALL THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS, how can you possibly be competent with a deadly defensive tool in any public way?

Stay home on voting day as well - as you're not helping those trying so desperately to save what's left of this country.

The purpose of my original post about the roadblock was to WARN YOU. Not to open up some stream of consciousness on the value of the shmovernment coming to "PROTECT YOU" AND BE THANKFUL THAT THEY ARE THERE by the intellectually POOR.

I was simply attempting to WARN THE CITIZENRY!

Again - you're welcome. Glad I could be of service.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is why the 2A exists. It is not up to you or anyone else who has a right to keep and bear arms. It is a fundamental right. Regardless of the bickering and debates I would hold back no one's 2A right because I think they are crazy or misinformed. There are millions of people who would think I am crazy and misinformed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you are saying and that was my fault. I left something out - for that I do apologize. What I didn't state was that people should be able to police themselves with what they are and aren't capable of. That is what grown-ups do. I can offer these following examples.

I have a driver's license. There are no restrictions except glasses. Great. However, I will not drive at night. My eyes play tricks on me, sometimes, something looks farther away than it really is OR is giving me visual cues that it is something other than what it is not - so as I approach a truck, what really is an open rear lighted interior with cargo, might look like something other than what I really saw. I self police myself. If I see something on TV that doesn't jive with my beliefs, I research it to make sure I am not misreading it. Again, I self police my cognitive functions.

Years back, my mother died. I put my gun away. I didn't think that this was a good time to be carrying. I didn't take it out for 2 years. I was fully licensed, I would be in my right to carry, nobody need know. I self-policed my abilities. Same for my teaching public school. I could easily renew my license. I am now retired as I could no longer tolerate working in an environment that was subjugating children rather than freeing them. I now live on a pittance - but that was my choice. I self-police my capacities.

This is what I meant by "carrying limitations" and hopefully I have put forth my intended message.

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
oh hell, there's goes the neighborhood.
We were doing so nicely here until this:
newblet said:
It's beyond the limits of my imagination, patience, and tolerance that some people remain with their heads in the sand - AND ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY WEAPONS IN THE PUBLIC ARENA.
I can understand limitations in imagination, patience and tolerance. Luckily, society doesn't march to your drum. That is all.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Those of you in favor of BP checkpoints anywhere other than the border itself, let me ask you something. Do you also favor DUI and TSA checkpoints? Do you favor LEOs randomly stopping people, without being able to point to specific and articulable facts which, taken together with rational inferences from those facts, reasonably warrant the intrusion?

Bottom line, checkpoints like those above are unconstitutional.
If you reread my posts, you'll see that I only commented on their efficacy. Your inference of my opinion beyond that is incorrect.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand limitations in imagination, patience and tolerance. Luckily, society doesn't march to your drum. That is all.
Where did I say that "society had to march to my drum?" I was stating my opinion. We live in great times as you know. "Society" propels a president HELL BENT on destroying a nation. So - who the hell am I to disagree? Is that it?

I really am not overly concerned with what YOU think of my opinion. I only offer this - AT LEAST I HAVE AN OPINION and don't "bahhhh" along with the rest of the sheeple happy to trudge to whatever "beat" is being played for them by their lords and masters.

NOW - THAT IS ALL!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do feel that allowing the government to have the type of power that violates the BOR is infinitely more dangerous than illegal immigration. And, I think its a matter of smoke and mirrors that we are fooled into believing that tackling illegal immigration is more of a priority.

chiefsaj

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I do feel that allowing the government to have the type of power that violates the BOR is infinitely more dangerous than illegal immigration. And, I think its a matter of smoke and mirrors that we are fooled into believing that tackling illegal immigration is more of a priority.
CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really am not overly concerned with what YOU think of my opinion. I only offer this - AT LEAST I HAVE AN OPINION and don't "bahhhh" along with the rest of the sheeple happy to trudge to whatever "beat" is being played for them by their lords and masters.

NOW - THAT IS ALL!
If you weren't concerned, you wouldn't have replied. :)

ArmedMainer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Exactly as many as would have been able to before the illegals showed up and applied for the job vacancies.

I've yet to see it documented where an illegal immigrant walked up to a hard-working natural born American citizen, tapped him on the shoulder, and said, "GTFO, this is my job now!"
Maybe you can explain to me how doing nothing will bring better results ? Like them or not these BP checkpoints DO produce results.

Let's start cleaning house by getting rid of the worst offender - THE ONE SITTING IN OUR WHITE HOUSE.
With Romney's past voting records and statements I seriously hope you don't think he'll be any better than Obama on this one issue. I'm still reeling over the making of Massachusetts a sanctuary state and college tuition for illegals stunts.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With Romney's past voting records and statements I seriously hope you don't think he'll be any better than Obama on this one issue. I'm still reeling over the making of Massachusetts a sanctuary state and college tuition for illegals stunts.
Those are proof he knows how to play to a crowd.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ArmedMainer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
According to those first two links the illegals were making $8-$15 an hour without benefits. The 40% of my fellow workforce I referred to were making prevailng wage which at the time was $38 and hour and they were sucking taxpayers of the Commonwealth dry because they were ALL on MassHealth. They'd all still be there if it wasn't for the checkpoint up in York, Maine and one observant BP officer. I'd consider it an honor to buy that guy an ice cold one.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I assume that you realize the percentage of federal revenue that is generated by payroll/income taxes. If income tax is done away with, where does the federal government impose taxes to recover that revenue?
The same way they did before 1913 (and the few times they did temporarily during the War Between the States).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not confuse the issue. It is not about what gets results or not. It is about how the govt found a way to bypass the 4th amendment and possibly the 5th.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to those first two links the illegals were making $8-$15 an hour without benefits. The 40% of my fellow workforce I referred to were making prevailng wage which at the time was $38 and hour
Well, then you answered your own question: your coworkers priced themselves out of the market. If someone is making $38 per hour plus benefits and can be replaced by an unskilled illegal alien at $8-15 without benefits, then they're obviously not worth $38 + bennies on the open market.

By cheering the BP here, you're supporting protectionism. How would you like it if everything you buy in your daily life had the same sort of protection, as your employer has to pay for your wages? Milk, $12-25 a gallon. Loaf of bread, $5-10. Gallon of gasoline, $15-30. Combo meal at a fast food joint, $25-50. All of it enforced by armed thugs who put the competition out of business if they dare work for less.

Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it? Be careful what you wish for... you might get it.

ArmedMainer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well, then you answered your own question: your coworkers priced themselves out of the market. If someone is making $38 per hour plus benefits and can be replaced by an unskilled illegal alien at $8-15 without benefits, then they're obviously not worth $38 + bennies on the open market.
.Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it? Be careful what you wish for... you might get it.
Flawed logic isn't going to help you on this one. On prevailing wage jobs everyone is required to make that wage. It's against Federal law to replace those workers with someone who will work cheaper. There's no open market on prevailing wage paying jobs, what you see is what you get.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flawed logic isn't going to help you on this one. On prevailing wage jobs everyone is required to make that wage. It's against Federal law to replace those workers with someone who will work cheaper. There's no open market on prevailing wage paying jobs, what you see is what you get.
Sounds like you haven't looked for work lately. There most definitely is an open market for jobs - all jobs - and it's getting nasty. People willing to accept sub-prevailing wages, sub-minimum wages, obviously unsafe conditions, etc. are getting hired, while others aren't. "It's against Federal law" is a phrase guaranteed to keep you from being hired.

Top Bottom