Border Patrol checkpoint I-93 in New Hampshire...........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illegals that work hard, don't take from public coffers are fine. We need them.
Please explain how we need people to break our laws work illegally so as not to pay payroll taxes.

Do we also need the people who are legal citizens that commit tax fraud? Or, the people who are legal citizens that do not report their earnings?

Explain to me how these are the type of people that we need in a sustainable system of taxation that pays for public services such as national security, roads, emergency services, etc.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
coworker says she was stopped by the border patrol, they had a checkpoint set up near the Flume in the White Mountains- checked out her car- 6 White kids, early 20's- and asked to inspect the trunk, too, as well as the usual questions about importing fruit, etc-of course, they hadn't been anywhere near Canada.

Anyone else run into them this weekend?
Sir, are you American?
Yes, I'm an American
Open your trunk
Get the F out of my way
(Step on gas)

Never consent to any search. NEVER!

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The BP checkpoint at the York,Maine way station helped get rid of 40% of my coworkers. Imagine how many LEGAL citizens were able to get a job after that many openings in a few companies. I support the checkpoints and wish they had more of them and more enforcement across the board. Illegals are sucking this country dry.
While I agree illegals are a huge problem, in this regard (checkpoints) it doesn't disturb you that the gov is essentially allowed to violate the 4th amendment within its own borders?

I can understand at the border, or at a point of entry, or customs...- where someone exists in a gray zone..... but on true american soil?

These USBP checkpoints inside the border are just a slightly less insidious thing than a DUI checkpoint, but the 4th amendment implications are pretty similar- we have a traffic stop being conducted without probable cause. Do not want. I can even fathom "ok we just saw you cross the border into the US we need to talk to you" but anything beyond that starts getting ruinous, very fast.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Holy thread resurrection!

Bit OT but i went to buy sudafed today. Figures I catch a cold at the height of summer. The pharm tech mistakenly scanned the box of 96 tablets twice. I noticed when I went to pay, after showing my DL for the honor of purchasing a product. She voided it out and had to ring it in again. This time it wouldn't accept my signature when the time came. Seems there's a magic number of sudafed you can buy before it gets all black helo and stuff. I'm cowering in my basement as I type this, waiting for SWAT to kick in the door nextdoor and kill their dog.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Please explain how we need people to break our laws work illegally so as not to pay payroll taxes.

Do we also need the people who are legal citizens that commit tax fraud? Or, the people who are legal citizens that do not report their earnings?

Explain to me how these are the type of people that we need in a sustainable system of taxation that pays for public services such as national security, roads, emergency services, etc.
Nobody should be paying payroll taxes. 50% of households pay no income tax. Good, we're making progress. Time for the other 50% to have the same liability. Without an income tax, there's no opportunity to commit fraud. [wink]

TZCHRIS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Holy thread resurrection!

Bit OT but i went to buy sudafed today. Figures I catch a cold at the height of summer. The pharm tech mistakenly scanned the box of 96 tablets twice. I noticed when I went to pay, after showing my DL for the honor of purchasing a product. She voided it out and had to ring it in again. This time it wouldn't accept my signature when the time came. Seems there's a magic number of sudafed you can buy before it gets all black helo and stuff. I'm cowering in my basement as I type this, waiting for SWAT to kick in the door nextdoor and kill their dog.
You showed your papers at the pharmacy! Shame on you![laugh]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems there's a magic number of sudafed you can buy before it gets all black helo and stuff.
There is. Part of the Patriot Act limits purchases of pseudoephedrine. It allows for the sale of pseudoephedrine only from locked cabinets or behind the counter, requires purchasers to present photo identification, and requires retailers to record personal information about the purchasers.

ETA: The limit is 3.6g/day or 9g/month

http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/informationbydrugclass/ucm072423.htm

Last edited:

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
There is. Part of the Patriot Act limits purchases of pseudoephedrine. It allows for the sale of pseudoephedrine only from locked cabinets or behind the counter, requires purchasers to present photo identification, and requires retailers to record personal information about the purchasers.

Yup. Pseudoephedrine is one of the precursors for meth.

- - - Updated - - -

Sir, are you American?
Yes, I'm an American
Open your trunk
Get the F out of my way
(Step on gas)
Are you really suggesting driving away from a checkpoint before the officer says that you can go? Good luck with that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody should be paying payroll taxes. 50% of households pay no income tax. Good, we're making progress. Time for the other 50% to have the same liability. Without an income tax, there's no opportunity to commit fraud. [wink]
Lets say next year no one pays income tax under your system. Why do you want to keep foreign nationals who are living in our country illegally to take the jobs from American workers, particularly in a time of a record recession and unemployment?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

And if you have a family of five or six that's all sick, you run the risk of being labeled a "drug dealer" by the feds if you go over the limit. [rolleyes]

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I was up in Thornton, NH for the weekend. We went one way to get into the White Mountains to go hiking...we came back down 93 and went through the checkpoint between Exits 30 and 29 on 93S.

Because we had to go to Exit 32 to get anything that we needed for groceries....we started getting off at Exit 31 and taking 175 back to the cabin. We would take 93N at they weren't stopping people that way....but they were there Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday working the check points. We just figured it was because of the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I'd have pictures to post of when we rolled through the checkpoint....but Photobucket is blocked here from work...so I can't put them up.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If anyone had a functioning brain they would realize there is actual logic to setting up the checkpoints well inside the borders. If you only have the check point at the border the illegals simple skirt around them and are home free. In rural maine, NH and VT there are thousands of ways to cross the border without seeing a border agent or check point. They use funneling points further inside the country to catch those that come across the actual border covertly. By setting up just below the convergence of 91 and 89 (or similar places on 93 and 95) they actually catch more border crossers.

ArmedMainer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
THIS!!!!!! Most of the illegals I work with hoped on a plane and flew here!
I can't stand it when politicians talk about Mexicans like they are the only ones coming here illegally. You'd be surprised how many fly into Logan that aren't Mexican that suck the system dry starting the day they step off the plane.

I can understand at the border, or at a point of entry, or customs...- where someone exists in a gray zone..... but on true american soil? -Mike
Many of the illegals the BP catch are caught because of these checkpoints.

If anyone had a functioning brain they would realize there is actual logic to setting up the checkpoints well inside the borders. If you only have the check point at the border the illegals simple skirt around them and are home free. In rural maine, NH and VT there are thousands of ways to cross the border without seeing a border agent or check point. They use funneling points further inside the country to catch those that come across the actual border covertly. By setting up just below the convergence of 91 and 89 (or similar places on 93 and 95) they actually catch more border crossers.
BINGO !!!![thumbsup][thumbsup]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right we will keep the Jews out this way!!

Sarcasm for those who cannot tell.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Lets say next year no one pays income tax under your system. Why do you want to keep foreign nationals who are living in our country illegally to take the jobs from American workers, particularly in a time of a record recession and unemployment?
Nobody should pay an income tax. It's wrong, unAmerican, and immoral. Foreign nationals should be allowed to be in the United States insofar they don't hurt anybody physically or threaten to physically hurt somebody.

The problem here is that the American government's immigration/emigration system is so mucked-up that it gives raise to a black market (e.g. illegal immigration). Fix that, and the problem goes away. Ditto for the welfare system. No free handouts? Nobody comes here to suck of the taxpayers' teet.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Right. [rolleyes]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For people who are defenders of the Constitution when it comes to the 2nd Amendment...some of you just roll over when it comes to other amendments...

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BP checkpoint at the York,Maine way station helped get rid of 40% of my coworkers. Imagine how many LEGAL citizens were able to get a job after that many openings in a few companies.
Exactly as many as would have been able to before the illegals showed up and applied for the job vacancies.

I've yet to see it documented where an illegal immigrant walked up to a hard-working natural born American citizen, tapped him on the shoulder, and said, "GTFO, this is my job now!"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody should pay an income tax. It's wrong, unAmerican, and immoral.
I assume that you realize the percentage of federal revenue that is generated by payroll/income taxes. If income tax is done away with, where does the federal government impose taxes to recover that revenue?

ColdDayInHell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am always up in the White Mountains. We have a condo up in North Woodstock and it is beautiful. I am glad to see you like it as well. Thornton is really cool and 175 is a great drive. I see border patrol sometimes and they usually are friendly and aren't intrusive. You ever go to Charlie's sport and gun?

I was up in Thornton, NH for the weekend. We went one way to get into the White Mountains to go hiking...we came back down 93 and went through the checkpoint between Exits 30 and 29 on 93S.

Because we had to go to Exit 32 to get anything that we needed for groceries....we started getting off at Exit 31 and taking 175 back to the cabin. We would take 93N at they weren't stopping people that way....but they were there Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday working the check points. We just figured it was because of the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I'd have pictures to post of when we rolled through the checkpoint....but Photobucket is blocked here from work...so I can't put them up.

RichM

Retired Army Veteran
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Checkpoints are SO effective...

... because illegals can't lie to the agent, right? Just like nobody purchases merchandise over the internet and fails to declare it as required on their state income tax forms, right?

Cross-reference SS numbers with income tax returns, and I'll bet you catch a LOT of the illegals working at most companies... if no one files and the employer has reported (and withheld tax) on that SS number, flag it for investigation. If the same number has been reported from multiple employers (especially in geographically-diverse areas), investigate it. If the name reported on the I-9 doesn't match the name recorded at the SSA, investigate it.

These steps will greatly reduce illegals working at "normal" jobs, but do nothing for those working under the table. Regular tax audits should be able to catch those...

Rating - 100%
49   0   0

... because illegals can't lie to the agent, right? Just like nobody purchases merchandise over the internet and fails to declare it as required on their state income tax forms, right?
It was clear that these checkpoints are just about profiling. It was clear that anyone that looked like a Caucasian that had a plate from somewhere in the US, you were waved on through. Same thing happened to me on 15 between San Diego and Rancho. Just waved on through....if you didn't...you were stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

I am always up in the White Mountains. We have a condo up in North Woodstock and it is beautiful. I am glad to see you like it as well. Thornton is really cool and 175 is a great drive. I see border patrol sometimes and they usually are friendly and aren't intrusive. You ever go to Charlie's sport and gun?

Yea, it's amazing up there. If I could swing it, I'd buy a second house in that area of Thornton.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0

My late friend was an ICE agent. He was lied to many times. Just like him, I'm sure that the Border Patrol agents have a pretty good BS meter and don't necessarily take what they are told at face value. I would bet that the checkpoints result in quite a few arrests.

swampy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My GF went through one of those a few years ago a few miles south of the VT/NH border on her way back from VT. It is a fairly regular thing. The feds must be dishing out some cash for the locals to do their work for them...yet they fight it in Arizona!

I saw a NH statey making a guy on a Harley pulling a trailer do circles and figure 8s in the parking lot. I'm not sure what that was about but I had my full dirtbag clothes on when I pulled in. The coped eyed me pretty good for a bit. I just wanted to put my phone in my saddlebags because the road was soaked and the sky looked like it was gonna open up again. The cop never bothered me but there was something about the trailer that had his interest. The couple on the bike looked to be in their late 50s and nowhere near troublesome.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be living in some alternate universe.

So - those who are "thinking" that we have a border patrol looking for "illegals," let's address that we have a criminal government in DC that is actively GOING AFTER STATES THAT ARE CAPTURING ILLEGALS AND THEN ARE FORCED TO RELEASE THEM - or maybe you are not familiar with Eric Holder's work and his distaste for Jan Brewer. Maybe you aren't familiar with John McLame who COORDINATED WITH RED TED KENNEDY to make it easy for the "undocumented" to continue to salvate as they wet themselves over getting that free healthcare on your dime.

You have a federal shmovernment that LOVES ILLEGALS! Oh, and btw - hates us - the taxpaying public.

I guess I should be asking "what planet have I been living on." For those that are complaining about all the illegals getting past the standard border checks and patrols, OK. Here's my idea. Let's start cleaning house by getting rid of the worst offender - THE ONE SITTING IN OUR WHITE HOUSE.

Our Federal government is BENDING OVER BACKWARDS - giving illegals all that is needed to set up shop here - and do you know why? Every illegal granted CITIZENSHIP is another vote for the government that granted them the privelege. In this case - the "Commucrats."

NO! This is not about going after those busting our CONSTITUTION. This is about brainwashing. This is all about YOU getting to accept this "new way of life" with some of the sheeple saying nonsense like (this is really a good thing -it's protecting us). This is about slowly getting you accept a new way of life - in stages.

Sherriff Joe giving his full expose today. Turn off your sports crap and your rah rah nonsense - and start to TUNE IN TO THE REAL NEWS!

I can accept those little tiny doses of moronisms - when the level reaches a certain amount, I just have to pull the pin on it and put on the teacher hat.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our country is slowly becoming occupied BY THE UN - they are drafting legislation to DISARM YOU (for now, I'll discount anything "AGENDA 21"-like) - with the help and blessings of our FEDERAL SHMOVERNMENT. For those who are "yay yay yaying" about border patrols - what will they do to stop THESE ILLEGALS from coming in and trampling your homes - and mine, making effort to take your very right to protect yourself an ILLEGAL act?

I'll bet at least 20% of those here will just drop the tough talk and silently bow...

I'm...just getting warmed up on the subject of "ILLEGALS."

And oh btw and a shucks and perty pleez - you're paying for this with more and more tax dollars - your hard earned tax $$$.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is the man in charge of PROTECTING OUR CONSTITUTION - he took an oath. Hey - show me the "protection."

Apply what is here and in the REAL news (not that crap being displayed in your government media complex 55" SMART TV that tracks you) to that border patrol.

It's more like the "rat" patrol - and we're it.

Top Bottom