Border Patrol checkpoint I-93 in New Hampshire...........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely only had to say, "I'm a United States Citizen" and you would have been on your way. No id required. Cuz people don't lie.
There's two forms of ID that prove citzenship, and few people carry either of them. Driver's license doesn't count.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think alot of people on this forum have serious problems with athority.
I think it's more that a lot of people here have issues with the government and governance they are subject to, and LEOs as an agent of the government will often get caught in he crossfire.

I remember sitting in front of the firearms LT in Canton being unhappy with the LTC policies of the department. I had to say to myself several times that I was not unhappy with the person in front of me, but with the policies that were specified by the chief. The LT didn't have the authority to override those policies. She just happened to be the person in front of me at the time and therefore was the defacto "person holding me back unreasonably".

It's tough to keep in mind where problems source from. We all need to try.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think it's more that a lot of people here have issues with the government and governance they are subject to, and LEOs as an agent of the government will often get caught in he crossfire.

I remember sitting in front of the firearms LT in Canton being unhappy with the LTC policies of the department. I had to say to myself several times that I was not unhappy with the person in front of me, but with the policies that were specified by the chief. The LT didn't have the authority to override those policies. She just happened to be the person in front of me at the time and therefore was the defacto "person holding me back unreasonably".

Amen to that!! I work in customer service for an online pc company and people yell at me about the policies the company sets forth, despite me having nothing to do with creating them, haha.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There's two forms of ID that prove citzenship, and few people carry either of them. Driver's license doesn't count.
Does my military ID card (officer) count? Because that was the ID I was going to hand him had he asked. Or is it just passport/birth certificate?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Agreed. I wasn't personally annoyed at the officer, but at the system.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So what happens if I get stopped, with my g/f who is a Norwegian citizen but a resident alien, and she doesn't have her green card with her? I know for a fact she never carries it with her as it's A LOT of shit if you loose it.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So what happens if I get stopped, with my g/f who is a Norwegian citizen but a resident alien, and she doesn't have her green card with her? I know for a fact she never carries it with her as it's A LOT of shit if you loose it.
They'll ask her if she has a green card, and several other qualifying questions. If the officer cares to follow up and she has appropriate ID, he can check whether she actually has a green card on his mobile computer. He can also scan her fingerprints and check for federal detention/deportation warrants. If she checks out OK, he cuts you loose and says have a good day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M1911 pretty much has it right. If I were you, I'd make a good photocopy of it and carry that around. That will give the agent her A number and at least something to see.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Border Patrol 7/14/12 NH I93 Southbound - Mile Marker 87-86 seen by wife from the Northbound side at 1:30P

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well, as one of those guys who was "out of his league" when I spent a decade with the Border Patrol I find your post quite amusing. Maybe you need to bone up on your study of law before you recommend to people not to cooperate. If someone so chooses, then hey, do what you feel you have to do. But do so knowledgeably.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=428&invol=543

How I would have answered your questions:
1) No.
2) Don't need one.
3) Yes.
4) Not until you answer my questions.
5) Fair enough. Please pull your vehicle over there.

Actually, once you started down that road I would have had you pull over immediately if I was the primary. Secondary officers can spend more time with people. Primary should keep traffic moving. Anything complicated should be referred quickly.

YAAAAAAY JBT!!!

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, boarder patrol actually doing their jobs??? Sounds GREAT to me!

Only problem is that Obama probably lets everyone go that was found!

- - - Updated - - -

If I were her, I would then carry a photocopy. They can probably look up the real one in an hour or so.

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I lived most of my life in Albuquerque. I got used to Border Patrol checkpoints.

You won't catch me whining about a BP checkpoint, or being asked if I am a US Citizen.

Mr. Weebles, no offense, but you are starting to sound as retarded as your avatar.

chiefsaj

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I drove through here 3 times today and live 4 miles from that stretch, and saw nothing of the sort?
I drove throught the checkpoint today around 1:00. Guy waived me on but I rolled down the window and told him the founding fathers were rolling in their graves. His reply was "aw comeo on...." I then told him it was a FU#^ing joke and went on my way.

ArmedMainer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I lived most of my life in Albuquerque. I got used to Border Patrol checkpoints.

You won't catch me whining about a BP checkpoint, or being asked if I am a US Citizen.
The BP checkpoint at the York,Maine way station helped get rid of 40% of my coworkers. Imagine how many LEGAL citizens were able to get a job after that many openings in a few companies. I support the checkpoints and wish they had more of them and more enforcement across the board. Illegals are sucking this country dry.

chiefsaj

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The BP checkpoint at the York,Maine way station helped get rid of 40% of my coworkers. Imagine how many LEGAL citizens were able to get a job after that many openings in a few companies. I support the checkpoints and wish they had more of them and more enforcement across the board. Illegals are sucking this country dry.
Agreed on the illegals killing the country.

I'm afraid the implications of disregarding (even if just a little teemy bit[rolleyes]) the constituition are much more concerning to me.

noddaduma

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I'm serious.

And I don't care which checkpoint has the highest seizure rate. I also don't care about any other reason they might have for conducting a checkpoint on a major highway.

As long as US Citizens are being asked to prove citizenship while in the US, it's a goddamned problem.
If you had ever been through a BP checkpoint, you'd know that they don't ask for proof and there's rarely ever any stopping to begin with.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's now "it's for the jobs" instead of "for the children".

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Is this the same thing as a dhs vipr team?

- - - Updated - - -

Illegals are not killing the country. Talk aboot yer scapegoats
Sounds like VIPR, based on what I've read. Maybe just being run by another three-letter agency?

Illegals that work hard, don't take from public coffers are fine. We need them. It's the illegals (and legals, naturalized and native) that are on the dole, gaming the system, and refuse to work that's the problem.

TZCHRIS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
THIS!!!!!! Most of the illegals I work with hoped on a plane and flew here!

Top Bottom