• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BOOKS and recommended BOOK : TWINKIE DECONSTRUCTED

THEFAN

Banned
I have amassed a large book collection and would like to share and see what else others ae reading.

At this time I am reading a couple books.

1st Twinkies Deconstructed by Steve Ettlinger
If you always wondered where , how and what is in a twinkie read it. Steve goes to some interesting places and fiinds some intersting things in our food. Great read if you get a copy LMK.

2nd Tipping Point: Malcolm Gladwell Small things that make big differences.
Good read. Opens the mind a little bit

3rd rereading the book THE BIBLE: :)

I'll make a list of some other good books I am going to and have read. A lot of Homestead books and related. Thanks LMK on the Twinkies Decostructed

Just finished all 1100 odd pages of Atlas Shrugged. Good book but I didn't agree with everything. Sadly, though, the author predicted the US pretty well, even if she wrote the book over 50 years ago.

I think her time in Russia enlightened her to see through the lies of politicians here. The real question is what she would do if she could see the US today...

I will probably read her earlier book, the Fountainhead, next. Atlas Shrugged has really increased in popularity lately. I tried to get it from the public library before Christmas. Not only was it checked out but on reserve for at least one other individual.

The other book that I couldn't stop reading lately was Boston's Gun Bible. Also written from a Brady Bill point of view back in the 90's but very applicable as to current events. I only ordered one copy and it has been on loan now continuosly.

My other recommendation would be Patriot: The Coming Economic Collapse by Rawles the author of survivalblog. It startled me enough that I got my wife, two friends, and my mom and dad to read it.

3rd rereading the book THE BIBLE: :)
Yep, working on that one, too. Every time I reread a section I see something that I've never seen before.

The First American: The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin by H. W. Brands. This is an interesting in-depth story of Benjamin Franklin's life filled with quite a few details.

'The Worst Journey in the World' by Apsley Cherry Garrard. You want survival. Read this first hand account of a doomed expedition to the South Pole.

I just finished molon labe. And am about to start how to live of the land in the city or country by Ranger Benson.

I dont know if i would call that GRATUITOS, just how I see it.

Thank you for sharing, and God bless you. But you people are getting tedious.

Atheists claim to value reason above blind faith and individuality above the lock-step certitude of religion. My own rejection of faith, I hoped, would allow me to indulge in wicked thoughts and pork-based dishes. I hoped I could, forever, avoid hallelujah get-togethers, groupthinky organizations and constraining labels.

Yet, these days, atheists are organized. They're activists. They will probably sue you. They have become exasperatingly earnest, hopelessly serious and unnecessarily pushy.

They have, in other words, become as tedious as Joel Osteen. And there are few greater sins.

<snip>

Now, I may possess the same level of conviction that a believer enjoys. I was, after all, imparted tremendous knowledge by the numerous tracts of atheist faith that litter the national bestseller lists. And, I've noticed, any skepticism about non-belief is to be met with rigidity and disdain from fellow "freethinkers" — a word which suggests that 95 percent of Americans are idiotic non-thinkers.

The vast majority of Americans do believe in God. A poll by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life last year found 71 percent of adults are absolutely certain God (or something similar) exists. Another 17 percent claim they are fairly certain. Only 5 percent are non-believers.

Yet, even with all these saps, no one has ever forced me to bow or to give penance. I have never been forced to join any religious group. So the last thing I want is a group of atheists speaking — and suing— in my name.

http://www.denverpost.com/harsanyi/ci_11725074

Please resume the discussion of books now, without further disruption.

Oh i get it, you get to say what YOU want, then we resume the discussion on books. What i said wasn't gratuitous, wasn't tedious, wasn't pushy. You are the one who is being pushy here gringo. Not to mention I didn't say I was an atheist, I think you know what they say about assuming.

Last edited:
How about stirring the pot unecessarily? Crapping in a good thread? Beating a dead horse? Thread hijacking?

If you'd like to discuss the veracity of the Bible starting a new thread would be a more appropriate way to do so.

How about stirring the pot unecessarily? Crapping in a good thread? Beating a dead horse? Thread hijacking?

If you'd like to discuss the veracity of the Bible starting a new thread would be a more appropriate way to do so.

Thanks for clearing that up Tim Ill be sure to start a new thread. But i wasn't asking you so you can keep it to yourself, thanks!

Just got done reading WORLD MADE BY HAND by James Kunstler

Not bad. I read it in 2 days 317 pages. Good what if the world goes to hell book. I recommend reading The Long Emergency First and then read this book. Sets up the storie nicely.
Don

Just started the book:
The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution by Kevin R.C. Gutzmn JD , PHD

Great book on the Original intent of our Constitution and the founding fathers. I like the style. Kind of like a HMMM Now I get it!!! LMK if you have read it and your thoughts. Thanks for looking.

The Action Hero's Handbook. I know it sounds like a zombie survival guide-esque thing,but it actually has a lot of useful stuff in it.

Back
Top Bottom