• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Book recommendation: Early Retirement Extreme

Prepper

NES Member
I recently heard of this book on Jack Spirko's show (The Survival Podcast), and bought the Kindle version of it. I'm only half done so far, but I'm finding it to be a terrific book, enough so to recommend it before I'm done. It isn't some kind of get-rich-quick scheme or anything like that. Instead, it challenges you to think differently about how to live life and develop strategies to move towards having your living expenses far below your income. Now, the author reduced his expenses to 85% below his income for 5 years so that he could save up enough to not have to work anymore after those 5 years. I'm not sure I could go that low, but I like how the book is making me think about the dumb ways that we do most of what we do in society, and how I could do things differently differently.

The podcast interview with the author is here:

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/jacob-lund-fisker-early-retirement-extreme

And, there's a Kindle sample you can read for free which should be enough to see what I'm talking about.

And yes, a book like this is a valid "survival" topic. Long before SHTF or getting lost in the woods, we all need to survive in this current society, and the upcoming decline in society. People willing to do some of the ideas in the book will have a better chance at surviving in this climate.

Back
Top Bottom