• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bomb Squad Colt Commander

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
A Colt Commander in .45 for a Bomb Squad technician. The Commander was brought from the start but got some attention in the shop to square it away.
Slide to frame fit was welded and recut, Colt barrel refit with an EGW bushing. The slide was cut for Heinie sights front and rear. All the internals are barstock by E3. An EGW heavy duty extractor and a custom fit Single ejector .Derr Precision bobbed grip safety on top of an Ed Brown bobbed MSH. The frame was checkered to 25 lpi by Pete Single. High power carry cuts and a bottom bevel were added before refinish in a brushed hot blue. Grips are ebony.

05aq8GL.jpg

LkVSns6.jpg

ykjWIlt.jpg

wVnEh5J.jpg

WupZdYN.jpg

qWofMxh.jpg

I love the crowns on your barrels... do you cut them yourself?
Can/would you re crown a rifle barrel.

Nice pistol!

Welded and recut slide to frame rails? Wouldn't it have been easier to start with a white slide and frame?
I'm assuming the welding was TIG? How tough was it to get a bead inside the slide? I would like to have been looking over the welders shoulder.

That is beautiful. I hope the only time he ever draws it is at the range, but imagine it is a great comfort to know that if he ever needs it that Pony won't let him down.

I also like that it is almost understated and not flashy, but every feature is designed to make it fast and accurate.

Back
Top Bottom