Bolt staking

Hello, I have a fail zero bolt carrier that i recently dropped and there is a bit of damage to the gas key. Some small dents and scratches. I called fail zero and they are sending me a gas key replacement. my question is in southern NH who could install the gas key and stake it properly.

Attachments

• CC55A769-1542-4518-BE03-21C022AEA714.jpeg
    CC55A769-1542-4518-BE03-21C022AEA714.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 109
I live in New Hampshire and don’t have an Ltc for mass so that’s a no go. Also I would g give business to mass gunsmith especially living in NH.

you’re afraid to drive over the line with a bolt? And you draw a line in the sand regarding non NH smiths? One of the most 2A guys in Ma?

😂

Aside from the scratches, what was the issue with the BCG? Is this just a cosmetic issue or were there cycling issues as well? Even if this is for your super Gucci build, this a part not visible unless the gun is broken down.
I understand quality control and wanting an unblemished product since that’s what you paid for. They acknowledged the issue and sent you a new key. If it were me, (and the gun cycled flawlessly) I’d throw the new gas key in my random parts bin and save my time/money on getting it de-installed, re-installed and staked.

Damage? Not sure if serious. Is the key bent? If it's not been through anything like that I would just run the f***ing thing it's going to be in a shity dirty environment anyways what difference does it make if it's got a few scuffs on it nobody will ever see it unless it's out of the gun anyways....

I live in New Hampshire and don’t have an Ltc for mass so that’s a no go. Also I would g give business to mass gunsmith especially living in NH.
You need nothing to bring a bolt into mass lic wise. It might as well be a screwdriver. As far as where and why you spend your $ that’s on you. For me All That matters is 1- is the work quality? Yes it is. And 2- Is he on “our side“. Without question. Good luck

Last edited:
Yes some gas issues.
Damage? Not sure if serious. Is the key bent? If it's not been through anything like that I would just run the f***ing thing it's going to be in a shity dirty environment anyways what difference does it make if it's got a few scuffs on it nobody will ever see it unless it's out of the gun anyways....
key is bent

You don't need an ltc to carry a bolt, even in mass.

MAura is running strip searches at the border. According to her, a BCG is now "ammunition" and for that matter "armor piercing" and "high capacity." ;)

And you need to carrier, not the bolt, right??? Now we're talking a cut toob of metal with a few slant-cuts and a broken doo-hickey on top.

I’m just saying I would like to give the business to a local smith that’s all. I don’t know many. I was thinking wicked weaponry.

I think the mass guys are just jealous that we talk about ARs. I mean every time I bring something up it’s a guy that can’t even buy one given me a lecture.

I think the mass guys are just jealous that we talk about ARs. I mean every time I bring something up it’s a guy that can’t even buy one given me a lecture.

Not lecturing and I live in NH. Steve is the go to for AR issues but please report back how you make out at WW. I drive by there pretty often but haven't had the chance to stop in yet. Seems like another AR oriented shop.

That's probably what the law is.
In MA, a douche cop would arrest you for it, turn it over to the DA, and force you to spend money defending yourself for probably a dismissal or a not guilty.

If someone is going to be that afraid of the system they shouldn't even bother owning guns. Just drive around with a pacifier in their mouth and a mask over the
top of it. Everywhere.

like think about the inherent stupidity of it. What is he going to do, throw his bolt on the dashboard? In order for it to even be found he has to get searched. Unless his car has
ghetto lyfe signs all over it, that's not very likely. Buy a powerball ticket, your odds are better.

A BCG is not a firearm, or anything resembling a controlled item under MGL. A BB Gun is more regulated than an AR BCG is in mass.

If someone is really panicky they can remove the bolt part from the carrier and just bring the carrier. The carrier by itself is not even capable of touching off ammo. You literally do not need anything except for the carrier and the new key, and whatever hardware accompanies it, to get this work done.

I’ll buy as many as I want as a Mass Hole and I will not get penetrated where the good lord split me doing it.
Jelly?? Hardly.

Not lecturing and I live in NH. Steve is the go to for AR issues but please report back how you make out at WW. I drive by there pretty often but haven't had the chance to stop in yet. Seems like another AR oriented shop.
Def going to go by there, I will let you know how I make out.

Enjoy the handgun roster and your smith and Wesson sports for 3 grand.

what kind of Gucci sh*t you running up there, that you make such bold statements? Put up or shut up... post some pics of your sexiest ARs for us peasants in MA to drool over then...

edit: I really do love a good “who’s d*ck is bigger” thread... here’s my offering...

0BF47806-27CB-4A0B-930E-08FF3085431E.jpeg
^^ That’s a factory Noveske Infidel with a Vortex Razor Gen II on a Geissele mount.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom