Bolt MM S/42G

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Of course, three weeks after I finish my Frankenmauser S/42G I come across an honest-to-goodness bolt MM for $300 more than my build cost. Seems nearly perfect, all parts match save the band spring. Wood is great, bore is great. Stock does not seem sanded as the proofs are good. The bolt is a little later than the rifle, but an Obendorf Stick Eagle 63 that also happens to be an n-block. Cleaning rod is a spare original e/37 serial number 86. Sling is also an original from my parts box. Took a pic next to my all matching April 1945 svwMB to show the build difference between early and late war.

I couldn't take my pictures outside as we got hit with a late season snow of 6". Slide show:

http://s470.photobucket.com/user/majspud/slideshow/S42G 2016

T

Last edited:
Condition is very good. I agree that the stock is untouched. Just missed on the grand slam with the mis-matched bolt. But a fully matching gun in that shape would be three thousand-plus. Keeper, just the way it is.

Best Mauser ever. 42 degrees, windy and clear. Hornady Vintage. 5 rounds at 25 yards to check sights. Three bullets touching in the X ring, and two touching in the 10 ring with a dime distance between the groups. Shot 5 rounds at a 200M gong and rang it 4 times. Shot 5 rounds at a football sized rock at 100M and hit it 4 times. What a shooter.

T

Back
Top Bottom