Bolt Carrier

Big Edit: After many rounds the BCG I thought was flawless broke, yup my bolt broke earlier and now deciding which bolt to get between BCM, SOLGW or Sharps ( which I like)
what a POS.....lol. After 7k rounds you figure some stuff will suffer...now if you shot all steel cased ammo you would have saved enough for a complets upper!

Big Edit: After many rounds the BCG I thought was flawless broke, yup my bolt broke earlier and now deciding which bolt to get between BCM, SOLGW or Sharps ( which I like)
I bought this years ago & AIM got back to me today and are going to warranty the bolt & ship one out ASAP 👍

That's good news.

Or maybe not.

We'll have to wait another 6-7000 rounds to find out.

A question about this problem. What were the symptoms? Was it just a FTF? Did the BCG lock up or was it able to move? And did it do anything to your firing pin?

A question about this problem. What were the symptoms? Was it just a FTF? Did the BCG lock up or was it able to move? And did it do anything to your firing pin?
I fired around 200 rounds of my normal Wolf Gold & then just a “click” waited a minute then ejected the mag then pulling back on charging handle and seeing half the bolt still locked on the round. I won’t use the firing pin Incase it’s warped but with the naked eye I can’t tell. AIM is sending a whole bolt back up kit which includes the bolt, firing pin, cam& pin for free which is awesome

Thanks for the explanation. While the chances of this malfunction are remote it's always good to know what to look for. And how to recognize what you are seeing.

It may have nothing to do with that but I changed to the Vltor A5 buffer, spring & tube which I think is harder on the bolt , but maybe I’m just looking for something to blame besides the bolt 🤷🏻‍♂️

89.99 so couldn’t pass
Toolcraft NIB with Carpenter 158 bolt ( Broke my 9310 a few weeks ago)

Attachments

• B6B4129F-4D78-46C0-912D-EE2051A65A88.jpeg
    B6B4129F-4D78-46C0-912D-EE2051A65A88.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 5093C176-ACD7-412D-A34F-02569EB25AA8.jpeg
    5093C176-ACD7-412D-A34F-02569EB25AA8.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom