• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bolt Carrier Group Recommendation

Delkancott

NES Member
As I gather parts for my first AR build I've acquired a Spikes stripped lower, an Aero Precision stripped upper and LPK. Now I'm onto the bolt carrier group and was looking for some solid, reliable middle of the road recommendations? Or at least some stay the hell away froms.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AIM Surplus ones are pretty solid. I bought one, but don't have a project for it at he moment. Solid price, too.

Also recommend the Aimsurplus BCG. I got the nickel boron one and its been great.

PSA sucks when it comes to shipping anything to Mass. After they refused to ship 2x different things me based on my address in this wonderful commonwealth I vowed to never order from them again.
YMMV

Really? Never had a problem. Uppers, bolts, CH, although someone had to sign for the upper.

BCM is g2g; AIM Surplus is solid for the price. I also have several of the black nitride and they have held up quite well. I prefer them of the classic melonite finish.

My 2 cents. There are only a handful of companies that actually manufacture BCGs; e.g. Microbest and Toolcraft. Some BCG suppliers imply they are manufacturers but are just resellers.

You can buy an excellent Toolcraft BCG, Ni-Bo coated by UCT Coatings here for $113.63.

Last edited:
+1 Aim surplus Nirtide. I cleans easier than the regular and great price. Wish all mine were the Aim nitride.
Same here, my wife and I have two nitride BCGs from AIM and and we've had zero issues. I prefer them over my NiB BCG. GTG, imho.

sent via tapatalk

Want it to match other accents on a fabulous build. Don't judge me.

Too late. [smile]

Get a Nitride bolt and call it a day. Best I know, the coating yellows with exposure to heat like the way stainless develops rainbows. Even a Ti bolt will yellow. Plus they get all icky and dirty with carbon so the only way to keep it shiny is not to shoot it.

Too late. [smile]

Get a Nitride bolt and call it a day. Best I know, the coating yellows with exposure to heat like the way stainless develops rainbows. Even a Ti bolt will yellow. Plus they get all icky and dirty with carbon so the only way to keep it shiny is not to shoot it.
^^
This They all tinge over time, it's a BCG and who cares?
I Have a Full BCM AR and all is good also use 2 AIM NIBX BCG and have been very nice to clean and very smooth, for 100 delivered you cant beat that
87db27cbc2efbf36f75490392d3862f2.jpg ..

Last edited:
Never had an issue with PSA on multiple orders. Their BCG is good to go I just avoid the "freedom" line cause they don't specify some of it, like the old stuff they had that was "no frills" but always had a weird chalky finish. Aero Precision BCGs are on sale regularly for $110 shipped or less.

Back
Top Bottom