• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bolt Blocker

Lol. Saltpetre for an AR.
Not for my rifles...

on one hand it absolutely sucks that people have to invent/create this type of work-around to lib gun laws, on the other hand---american ingenuity at it's best. remember those stocks designed to circumvent NY ar laws a few years ago??? lib idiots actually make laws that inspire people to create a product and make money

Needs to be permanent. Like welded. Think muzzle brake. Otherwise say hi to Maura for me. Just sayin’.

Cool work around, but I don't think it will pass Herr Healey's sniff test...

Interchangeability Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if it has a receiver that is the same as or interchangeable with the receiver of an Enumerated Weapon. A receiver will be treated as the same as or interchangeable with the receiver on an Enumerated Weapon if it includes or accepts two or more operating components that are the same as or interchangeable with those of an Enumerated Weapon. Such operating components may include, but are not limited to: 1) the trigger assembly; 2) the bolt carrier or bolt carrier group; 3) the charging handle; 4) the extractor or extractor assembly; or 5) the magazine port.

If a weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is a Copy or Duplicate under one or both of the applicable tests, it remains a prohibited Assault weapon even if it is altered by the seller. Therefore, a Copy or Duplicate will be treated as an Assault weapon even if it is altered, for example, by pinning the folding or telescoping stock in a fixed position, by removing the pistol grip, by removing a bayonet mount or flash suppressor, or by preventing the weapon from accepting a detachable magazine.

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/assault-weapons-enforcement-notice.pdf

I DO like how it looks very similar to a B.A.D. Lever...so maybe all mine (that I trajically lost in a freak volcano/gasoline fight accident) would (have) pass(ed) if these were to be considered acceptable.
35301L__19845.jpg

Other than that...meh. Why would someone willingly neuter their own property?

Ok, Ok...i'm in the process of neutering a 1919a4...but in all reality, an AR is ALREADY neutered. I don't really care for select fire much anyway, tbh...but we're just continuing down the path of making acceptable what THEY say is OK. Time is coming sooner than later that confiscation WILL be attempted/carried out right here in our own back yards. What then?

So if you tig welded an aluminum pin to the aluminum lower, would that be legal? but then the aluminum pin would eventually wear, so use a solid steel pin , and weld dots at each end of the steel pin, preventing removal. Would this be good?, Seeing that the part (pin) is welded and not "easily" removed.

60 bucks for a part someone's going to throw away? Maybe the dealers will offer a rebate/core charge refund.... [rofl] If it makes the gun go over the counter though in some shithole state, it's worth it I guess...

-Mike

you're spot on there, doc. if other states start to follow suit, it might be 'feel good' enough for some less liberal shit hole states than MA if MSR's are SOLD with these on. what's is going to cost to replace...$5 for a bolt stop and a roll pin?

Unless it is fixed permanently, I don’t see how it solves anything.

If it’s removable, your rifle is still a semi auto.

Needs to be permanent. Like welded. Think muzzle brake. Otherwise say hi to Maura for me. Just sayin’.

Cite?

There are plenty of places stocking fixed magazine ARs in MA. The reason this works (as stupid as it is) is because they're initially manufactured as fixed magazine rifles, instead of being converted to being fixed magazine rifles. In the same way, this hack (or a rifle assembled with no gas block & gas tube) would be legal is assembled that way from the manufacturer.

If you want an AR15 type rifle in the state, you have options. That I personally know of, there are two FFLs in Littleton making fixed magazine rifles, and First Defense is stocking fixed magazine rifles.

Frankly, the bolt hold open idea would drive me f***ing nuts. The rifles I'm building will be offered with a different option...

That's great. But someone who wants to extra-killy people could remove the item. Forget that the guy that wants to extra-killy could buy an illegal AR (full-auto, SBR even!) or rent a yuuuuuge van. We can't have this technicality killing our children!!!!!!

EDIT - oh, and it could be defeated by a popsicle stick. TIME TO BAN POPSICLES!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom