• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bodyguard 380 Laser Screw Problem

Hey all, I just purchased a bodyguard 380 after deciding I wanted something a little smaller this summer than ole snubby... I went with the bodyguard 380 and after putting 100 rounds through it, broke it down to clean it. Ive read a lot about the screw for the laser creeping out and making the slide unable to go back... After giving the screw a little wrench... it became weak and now it basically spins in place, wont go in or out... I tried a dab of loc tite but its still the same and seeing as I just paid 400 dollars for this gun, and plan on trusting my life to it... I want a little more reassurance than a dab of loc tite[thinking]. Ill be sending it back to S&W tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had this problem and if sending it back to the mother ship was any help... Bumming pretty hard right now that I messed up my brand new gun[sad]

I had broken down my BG; changing out the button pads on my laser, had issues with the laser. Called S&W and they emailed me a shipping label and it sent it in. They had it for about 3 weeks, but it came back in good shape and it was on there nickel.

Good luck...

Awesome! Maybe I'll be able to sleep a little better rather than post about it online at 1am... other than that I love the little gun.

S&W service is A+. However, I can't wait until that BG hits the shelves without the laser. Just hear this story too much. Shouldn't be long as I saw one at the W.Springfield show.

Theyre in the process of sending me a shipping label now. Hopefully they dont say its not warranty because of the loc tite I tried... Well, either way, Ill be waiting for the one without the laser to hit shelfs too, I thought about waiting... but im no good at waiting.

I had broken down my BG; changing out the button pads on my laser, had issues with the laser. Called S&W and they emailed me a shipping label and it sent it in. They had it for about 3 weeks, but it came back in good shape and it was on there nickel.

Good luck...

didnt want to hear this, just finished with the gallow trigger job and the laser didnt work anymore. tried changeing bats and no luck. Thinking it was the laser itself (i never considered both pads being bad) I sent it back to S&W. Hope they dont say the laser is fine (so the pads are bad) and i should send them the gun instead. I am assumeing the trigger job voids a lot of warenties or something

Waiting to hear back from them to. The laser just stopoedbworking after my first range trip. I never planned on using it but would still like it to be functional. Not sure what's wrong.

Same issue here. I have this POS in the safe somewhere. I'll send it back to them at some point.

I wasn't saying its a POS. I really like mine and shoot it very well. I like it even more every time I hear someone complain about the "trigger".

I love the trigger on it, dont need the safety, yet lighter than my 642... After probably over thinking real hard... I'm gonna sell this to my buddy who likes the mouse guns and doesn't carry... But for me being in college and short on cash, ... would rather put the money towards something that will see some use rather than a mouse gun in the back of my safe. I love the gun and all but I dont quite trust it for carry.. which is why I bought it in the first place. I'll stick with ole faithful for now, Id rather have 5 I know will go, than 7 maybes.If I ever needs it.[wink]

I love the trigger on it, dont need the safety, yet lighter than my 642... After probably over thinking real hard... I'm gonna sell this to my buddy who likes the mouse guns and doesn't carry... But for me being in college and short on cash, ... would rather put the money towards something that will see some use rather than a mouse gun in the back of my safe. I love the gun and all but I dont quite trust it for carry.. which is why I bought it in the first place. I'll stick with ole faithful for now, Id rather have 5 I know will go, than 7 maybes.If I ever needs it.[wink]

What's not to trust about.....You like the trigger you like the size......[thinking]...Gives you the opportunity to actually shot the gun with out the laser being a crutch...Just saying.

opinions will vary...[rolleyes]

I actually broke it in the first place taking the batteries out of the laser because it kept turning on and I dont like lasers
[thinking]. I think since I had a problem with mine so early it kinda started off on the wrong foot with the gun, since I have no other impressions of it I kinda lost my trust in it. Still thinking about buying the m&p one without the laser when it comes out.

the new M&P bodyguards are available... NO LASER!

got one today.....traded my BG380 with laser in for the non-laser version. the trigger feels lighter ,I'm told it's 10.5 lbs. now and i believe it feels that....the old one w/laser had a horrible12-14 lb trigger.
the slide is stainless steel now w/melonite finish. i like the M&P subdued dark lettering w/no white outlines anymore
the old one was carbon steel w/blued finish/white lettering
the new one is a little heavier .....must be the stainless that =more weight?

Back
Top Bottom