• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Body camera video of a police shooting.

Justified I guess but probably one of those cases where a tazer would have been sufficient

Tasers are not as reliable as TVs and 'The Hangover' would like everyone to think.

To bad it wasn't a Citizen with a GoPro. We'd have a thread of Good Shoot High-Fives

The guy got what he wanted. The taser may have worked or it may not have ,shooting will work. If I'm the cop Im shooting.

Tasers are not as reliable as TVs and 'The Hangover' would like everyone to think.

To bad it wasn't a Citizen with a GoPro. We'd have a thread of Good Shoot High-Fives

Tasers, Pepper spray, billy clubs, bean bag shotgun rounds. They all work great, but none of them can guarantee that he won't be able to lunge and "nick" an artery. It doesn't take much for someone to kill you or seriously disfigure you. You've got a gun and he's got a knife and starts coming toward you, outcome in the video should be expected by 100% of people.

Well, that guy was dumb. Or suicidal. But there's got to be a better way than making some cop kill you to end it all.

Was that a quadruple tap? Looks like the guy wanted it, cop did the world a service.

Always be 1 level higher in force than the other person.

Last edited:
Justified I guess but probably one of those cases where a tazer would have been sufficient

believe it or not, not all departments have tasers; and its easy to sit here and "Monday morning quarterback" the situation, but none of you know how you would handle something like that. Its just like a self defense situation, everyone can sit there and say "oh I would run to my safe and get my shotgun and hide my children while someone is kicking down my door", but you don't know how it will happen till it happens. Being a LEO I have gone to multiple training classes where we are taught and shown the "21 Foot rule" when it comes to knives. in the time it takes to un holster your firearm and get a shot off the suspect with the knife is already on top of you stabbing you. And kevlar wont stop knives either. So with the suspect being within 10 ft of the officer he posed a huge threat. if he wants to charge the officer he could have been on top of him within seconds. and bullets dont stop someone like in the movies. He could have been shot twice or three time and still charge the officer and stab him. Yes there was a door behind him. But in a high stress situation like that, where your facing the threat of death that thought slips your mind. And did he have to enter the house? Well the wife said he was threatening to kill himself. The officer couldnt have stood there while the guy killed himself he had to do something.

Shitty situation all around.

Woman: "You didn't shoot him did you?". Nah, I just popped a couple rounds off for the hell of it.

Chances aren't ruled the same by LEOs as they were before. It's more shoot now, get paid time off later.

Looked justified to me, he didn't just shoot him. Entered the home and ordered him to drop the knives 8 times...

It's not the cop, it's the system at this point.

Last edited:
Meh, lets pile on in the cases where it makes sense. This one was pretty straightforward...

+1

Granted he wasn't moving swiftly towards the LEO, he had a knife, was moving towards the LEO who had a gun pointed at him telling him to stop. At 10' it was probably less the dude with the knife could have carved up that LEO in half a second. He left the LEO with two choices, retreat or fire.

+1

Granted he wasn't moving swiftly towards the LEO, he had a knife, was moving towards the LEO who had a gun pointed at him telling him to stop. At 10' it was probably less the dude with the knife could have carved up that LEO in half a second. He left the LEO with two choices, retreat or fire.

And if it's some rookie he's going to do what he's trained to do...

He knew there was a cam on him and he still did it. If he was a JBT hellbent on being billy-badass that wouldn't have been there/on at the time.

And if it's some rookie he's going to do what he's trained to do...

He knew there was a cam on him and he still did it. If he was a JBT hellbent on being billy-badass that wouldn't have been there/on at the time.

I know it's almost impossible with your disdain, try to be a tad objective.

Looks like a clean shoot to me. Guy pretty much wanted SBC, there's not really any way out of that. Maybe if they -had- tasers they could have had another cop try to tase the guy, but it doesn't look like he would have had enough time to swing those pieces into play.

-Mike

Shitty situation for all. I agree that the shooting was justified but the video makes me wonder whether non-lethal weapons would've worked or if the cop could've simply exited the house.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom