• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Body Armor Ban = Bill HR5344

Its really stupid because its already an added felony if you commit a crime while wearing body armor so what are they trying to accomplish?

.....This type of armor as referenced in the bill’s language would include any wearable armor including helmets or shields that offer a ballistic protection of Type III or above as determined using National Institute of Justice Standard–0101.06. The only exceptions to the prohibition would be for law enforcement, military and government agencies....

..... National gun control groups are coming out to support Honda’s initiative....

.... In the VPC’s statement, the group likewise list Adam Lanza and John Holmes, the mass killers linked to the shootings in Newtown and Aurora respectively as being protected during their sprees by body armor. However, like Honda’s statement, this one is flawed as well....

http://www.guns.com/2014/08/08/congressman-wants-to-ban-sale-of-enhanced-body-armor-to-civilians/

Last edited:
Its really stupid because its already an added felony if you commit a crime while wearing body armor so what are they trying to accomplish?

Maybe I am misunderstanding your point, but according to the article, this is not about convicted felons, it is about applying it to ALL civilian restriction (illegal to own = so if it were to pass, and you own any BA = it would then be contraband).

Last edited:
Maybe I am misunderstanding your point, but according to the article, this is not about convicted felons, it is about applying it to ALL civilian restriction (illegal to own = so if it were to pass, and you own any BA = it would then be contraband).

I think his point is that it's already quite illegal to do anything with body armor that would be illegal anyway.

You know, for the children.

I hate language like this:

“There is no reason (some inanimate object), which is designed for (something scary), should be available in our communities except for those who need it, like law enforcement,”

Right, because police, who have more guns, radios, armored cars, helicopters, riot shields, helmets, &c. than the rest of us, and zero legal obligation to actually protect us, need extra protection more than mere "civilians".

So we are being forced, by law, to wear seat belts while driving, and helmets when riding a motorcycle. But it's illegal to own and wear protection against bullets.

Great.

OOO. Good way to put it. I'll remember this and use this when I write some more letters. This nonsense has come up in the MA legislature before too.

This genius, https://malegislature.gov/People/Profile/tjt1 has filed legislation for this before.

So we are being forced, by law, to wear seat belts while driving, and helmets when riding a motorcycle. But it's illegal to own and wear protection against bullets.

Great.

There ya go with these free thinkin' shenanigans.

the fact is that you dont need body armor.....body armor is only employed by violent perpetrators known as LEOs.

one time i put on some body armor and i felt very violent inside.....like a gremlin or something....wow it was scary.

i made some phone calls so schedule an exorcism but once the armor came off I felt fine again.

Sounds as though they don't want us to have extra protection if someone is committing a felony against us. We must not be worthy of protecting our selves to that degree. Wow. Just wow.

I know a press photog or two that may have something to say about this nonsense.

One in particular that went down to during Katrina(IIRC), has covered the G8 summit, and was down in Juarez last year being walked around by some special unit police force types. This past week he's been in the Ukraine, Turkey, Belarus, and another spot or two somewhere in eastern Europe. I guess his fixer got him in with some of the local Mujahideen at some point and he got to blow some stuff up, play with an anti tank gun, and have a go with a proper AK(lucky bastard).

So yeah, he may have a tough time giving up his gear.

So we are being forced, by law, to wear seat belts while driving, and helmets when riding a motorcycle. We are being forced to purchase health insurance.

But it's illegal to own and wear protection against bullets.

Great.
Don't forget big soft drinks!!

Why ban them outright when they can make people apply for a permit, and charge them a crazy amount of money for the opportunity to beg permission to protect their lives?

Why miss the chance to collect $100 every few years from people? And why not make the application fee non refundable so that people are charged a fee for the privilege of asking their Masters if they can try to keep bullets out of their vital organs.

Force the makers of body armor to submit their products for testing to make sure that they only stop bullets from civilian firearms and don't forget to impose a special tax on BA.

There ya go... Mass compliant body armor.

what if you want a ballistic plate in your backpack while u are hunting? Of one of those bulletproof backpacks they sell for little kids?

what if the plates are sold as "weights for training purposes" -- You wear them as added weight while running or walking...and they just also happen to stop a bullet. But it is not body armor and it is not intended to act as body armor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom