• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bobs Seabrook, NH

The new Bob's opened in Seabrook, NH recently anyone check it out? Did some of the guys from the other store transfer over or rotate schedules? Always appreciated the group from Salisbury whenever stopping by.

The new Bob's opened in Seabrook, NH recently anyone check it out? Did some of the guys from the other store transfer over or rotate schedules? Always appreciated the group from Salisbury whenever stopping by.

Didn't know anything about a new store opening in Seabrook. Do you know where it's located?

I drive by that sign everyday to go to my girlfriends house and was wondering if that was every going to take off, I will be stopping by to check it out now that I know it's opened.

Well, at least they just expanded their customer base significantly. If only they would stop advocating felony possession by nh residents in mass

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, at least they just expanded their customer base significantly. If only they would stop advocating felony possession by nh residents in mass

Yeah, I saw that on their site. WTF? Telling NH residents it's okay to bring their guns to MA to shoot if they have a NH P&R?

OK - I'll jump in - I'm not 100% why folks are suggesting that there is a formal promotion of breaking MA law but there is a federal regulation (FOPA) behind sportsmen (read: all legal shooting sports participants) to travel between states for the specific reason of a sporting/shooting event - I understand practice to be encompassed within those guidelines.

I love this excerpt - it suggests saying the word "Firearm" is a felony:
MASSACHUSETTS—Massachusetts imposes harsh penalties on the mere possession and transport of firearms unrelated to criminal or violent conduct. Prospective travelers are urged to contact the Massachusetts Firearms Records Bureau at (617)660-4780 or the State Police at http://www.mass.gov/msp/firearms/ for further information.

And if so, "practice" at a formal range is within those guidelines. Now this is where lawyers are gonna hate me because IANAL.
As I understand things, all participants must adhere to the states they are traveling to and from (and possibly all states in between) with respect to locking, containment, separation, etc. of firearm and ammo. This includes firearms, mags, etc. to conform to MA state regs. Please point out where the website implies anything else.

But I believe the basic - jist, for lack of a better term - of the ability of a ME or NH resident to go into Bob's is that they must provide the appropriate permits/etc. within their home state in order to use the range.

The basic "how you get here" liability is on the individual regardless of residence. If I'm wrong, please indicate exactly where I missed it.

OK - I'll jump in - I'm not 100% why folks are suggesting that there is a formal promotion of breaking MA law but there is a federal regulation (FOPA) behind sportsmen (read: all legal shooting sports participants) to travel between states for the specific reason of a sporting/shooting event - I understand practice to be encompassed within those guidelines.

I love this excerpt - it suggests saying the word "Firearm" is a felony:

And if so, "practice" at a formal range is within those guidelines. Now this is where lawyers are gonna hate me because IANAL.
As I understand things, all participants must adhere to the states they are traveling to and from (and possibly all states in between) with respect to locking, containment, separation, etc. of firearm and ammo. This includes firearms, mags, etc. to conform to MA state regs. Please point out where the website implies anything else.

But I believe the basic - jist, for lack of a better term - of the ability of a ME or NH resident to go into Bob's is that they must provide the appropriate permits/etc. within their home state in order to use the range.

The basic "how you get here" liability is on the individual regardless of residence. If I'm wrong, please indicate exactly where I missed it.
Fopa covers travel between two locations where you are legal to possess the firearm.

There is no current provision to possess a firearm in massachusetts without the proper license, under the supervision of a license holder, or engaging in hunting with long guns.

There is an urban legend circulating that certified matches are a valid exception, but as has been discussed here numerous times, there isnt.

I know people do it all the time and are just fine, but are jailbait if caught.

A range advocating such activity is increasing their liability for providing false information via the website.

Fopa covers travel between two locations where you are legal to possess the firearm.

There is no current provision to possess a firearm in massachusetts without the proper license, under the supervision of a license holder, or engaging in hunting with long guns.

There is an urban legend circulating that certified matches are a valid exception, but as has been discussed here numerous times, there isnt.

I know people do it all the time and are just fine, but are jailbait if caught.

A range advocating such activity is increasing their liability for providing false information via the website.

Thank you very much for the clarification/explanation - it obviously needs researching to be able to speak about FOPA & MA in the same sentence and this thread has been idle for a bit - I'm guessing because nobody knew the answer or wanted to say it.

Also - If I understand correctly, if the state does not allow ANYONE from another state to come in then all the IDPA, CMP, USPSA, Etc. are also in violation as well...or is it equipment specific?

Can anyone from those camps chime in?
Again, thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom