• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bob's indoor range Salisbury on 6:00 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

I know Bob & his staff, ALL great guys!

Your in front of a camera & you want to stay in business w/o pissing off the town & zoning board... You'd say the same thing or something similar.

Me too, I think Bob was being vague intentionally, he's pretty good over all. The only issue I've ever had is whenever he gets in a 1884 Trapdoor Springfield he put's it in his Bound Book. I tell him to list it as an " inadvertent entry " and I'll buy it, because all 1884 Trapdoor Springfield's were manufactured before 1898 but he ain't having it. He's worried about his FFL status.

I don't actually shoot there much, but yeah, I've been swept before. Nothing like MFL, Holy Crap, although I haven't been there since they moved.

All things considered, Bob's is my favorite shop. I don't know how I missed the TV crew, I was there Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Monday at noon. Aaron sent a text to someone @ the shop Monday saying " Turn on the News, it's not good " [sad2].

I didn't see a gun put to his head or Marsha holding his balls, so the whole shpiel "Your in front of a camera & you want to stay in business w/o pissing off the town & zoning board" did not need to happen. If you are taking up the ass to stay in business, don't claim virginity.

"dangerous in the wrong hands" - yeah, if you like this shit, than you are OK with NFA and ATF crawling up your ass to make sure that you "qualify".

For all your guys who feel that Bob is a great guy and know him so well, may be you can give him a call and provide some clarification.

yeah, was there once, years ago, wanted to try a 686. reminded someone NOT to muzzle me and to aim the weapon in a place other than at me and I was yelled at by someone on their staff. they can get raped.

I listened to it several times and still can't figure out what he was trying to say.

Quote: There definitely needs to be regulations on guns, anybody who says there isn't, doesn't know what they're talking about. Guns are dangerous in the wrong hands.

I didn't see a gun put to his head or Marsha holding his balls, so the whole shpiel "Your in front of a camera & you want to stay in business w/o pissing off the town & zoning board" did not need to happen. If you are taking up the ass to stay in business, don't claim virginity.

"dangerous in the wrong hands" - yeah, if you like this shit, than you are OK with NFA and ATF crawling up your ass to make sure that you "qualify".

For all your guys who feel that Bob is a great guy and know him so well, may be you can give him a call and provide some clarification.

This

Bob Bernstein is the owner, he's not a cockbag. Something is out of context or he's trying to keep friendly with the powers that be.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the nearest public indoor range? And do you have any idea how many transfers they do from KTP alone?

Back when my wife and I were still dating, I taught her to shoot there. Bob fixed my Beretta 9000 for free, too. He's a good guy.

Bob's a great guy but a gun shop owner not a tv star and my guess is given a chance he may have chozen a do over on that answer.
I haven't heard the inerview yet but will look for it.

Bob Bernstein is the owner, he's not a cockbag. Something is out of context or he's trying to keep friendly with the powers that be.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the nearest public indoor range? And do you have any idea how many transfers they do from KTP alone?
Agreed. I shoot there frequently and bought my last Sig from his shop at a fair price. They keep a good eye on people they don't know well until they know that they can follow rules. I've felt more unsafe at some of the local private clubs I've shot at, one in particular which I won't name. If you go during the day as I do, you will see some very experienced shooters as well as retired law enforcement folks shooting there. Bob isn't a dirt bag. Far from it.

i shoot here all the time, great safe range. Im very confused why any pro gun individual would ever want to attack someone on the same side? What makes it even worse is reading members responses bashing the shop and owner even more. This seems to be a common theme on this sight lately. Whats going on here, what happened to sticking together and attacking the real problems in front of all of us, not each other.

i shoot here all the time, great safe range. Im very confused why any pro gun individual would ever want to attack someone on the same side? What makes it even worse is reading members responses bashing the shop and owner even more. This seems to be a common theme on this sight lately. Whats going on here, what happened to sticking together and attacking the real problems in front of all of us, not each other.
Not sure what the owner meant to say but just because you own a gun or own a gun range doesn't mean you'll keep friends when you start talking "must have" restrictions on firearms.

if you support "restrictions", or any "common sense" gun laws--you are NOT on "the same side" as us. period. the people who get on TV and blab about "assault weapons", and restrictions on firearms ownership or promote the horribly broken and ass-backwards licensing system here in MA or anywhere else are all collaborators with the enemy.

i shoot here all the time, great safe range. Im very confused why any pro gun individual would ever want to attack someone on the same side?

Elmer+Fudd+Elmer_Fudd_A_Wild_Hare.jpg

What makes it even worse is reading members responses bashing the shop and owner even more. This seems to be a common theme on this sight lately. Whats going on here, what happened to sticking together and attacking the real problems in front of all of us, not each other.

The real problem is figuring out who is going to back-stab you in a-ass. I know plenty of people who are decent, moral people until it comes to guns and my right to choose.

You know, there is at least one dealer on here, who has been very vocal and eloquent about gun rights through all the shit-storms, and many others who have been no-Fudd, true pro-Constitution.

Here is a primer on what to do if some news person sticks a camera and mic in your face and asks questions:

ME: No comment, thank you, have a nice day, then turn around and walk away.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-- Abraham Lincoln

I haven't seen the transcript but deer in the headlights comes to mind. if I got ambushed by a reporter like that, I'd rather say nothing (or almost nothing) than say something stupid that could be used against me by customers or the people he's trying to avoid pissing off (whoever they might be). There are a lot of "safe" things he could have said which wouldn't cause problems.

This is the media version of an emotionally disturbed woman asking you if "these jeans make her ass look fat. " There is no correct answer......

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to Bob today and he told me that a lot was edited from his interview. They had brought up about the laws and he had said that in Massachusetts they have had the laws and regulations in place for years anyway.
What was asked and answered was not really what was shown on the news.
Some think the answer is to just not say anything then your likely to get someone on there commenting that has no idea what is going on and make things even worse.
I believe no matter what they want to make guns and shooters look bad.

I had a feeling it might have had to do with the editing. The syntax just wasn't right.

if you support "restrictions", or any "common sense" gun laws--you are NOT on "the same side" as us. period. the people who get on TV and blab about "assault weapons", and restrictions on firearms ownership or promote the horribly broken and ass-backwards licensing system here in MA or anywhere else are all collaborators with the enemy.

I think not. I saw where a recent survey of NRA members revealed that 75% of them supported reasonable gun laws regulating the sale and purchase of firearms. That number is close to the %of the overall U S population supporting gun laws. You are correct that all those millions of folks are not on your side of the debate/issue. You, my friend, are part of an extremely small faction of gun owners in the US. And you are not part of most of us. :)

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

I think not. I saw where a recent survey of NRA members revealed that 75% of them supported reasonable gun laws regulating the sale and purchase of firearms. That number is close to the %of the overall U S population supporting gun laws. You are correct that all those millions of folks are not on your side of the debate/issue. You, my friend, are part of an extremely small faction of gun owners in the US. And you are not part of most of us. :)

I disagree. I also notice you couldn't get any lower on the rep scale, so I assume you're from Cambridge or somewhere similar. I think your numbers are off Elmer.

what ever the case, people jumping all over a gun shop owner with out understanding the media edit interviews is not a good move. We are suppose to stick together. Maybe a simple phone call to the gun owner in the interview would have been a smarter move than just assuming? This thread now exists bashing a fellow gun owner. Fighting with one another is POINTLESS.

what ever the case, people jumping all over a gun shop owner with out understanding the media edit interviews is not a good move. We are suppose to stick together. Maybe a simple phone call to the gun owner in the interview would have been a smarter move than just assuming? This thread now exists bashing a fellow gun owner. Fighting with one another is POINTLESS.

Media did not splice his words to make sentences, he is an old dude and should be wise not to use "I support" "reasonable regulation" and "firearms" in the same sentence.

There are plenty of moonbats who are "firearms owners" and they are no better than other moonbats who want to take my guns, the only difference is which guns they want to take away from me.

There is no "fight", it's simply stating the facts and drawing the line between those who want to stick their nose into my gun safe and those who would not.

I disagree. I also notice you couldn't get any lower on the rep scale, so I assume you're from Cambridge or somewhere similar. I think your numbers are off Elmer.

ROTFLMAO!!!! The rep scale??!! Dude, being low on the NES rep scale around this place is a badge of honor indicating an ability to think critically. You really are hilarious. Thanks for the best laugh I've had all week. :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

ROTFLMAO!!!! The rep scale??!! Dude, being low on the NES rep scale around this place is a badge of honor indicating an ability to think critically. You really are hilarious. Thanks for the best laugh I've had all week. :)

BTW, I'm not from Cambridge. But I did attend first tier top 50 liberal arts college in another state and graduated cum laude from law school, also in another state. Lord you are funny. lol!!!

Qualify your data. Is the question in the context of additional laws? existing laws? specifically proposed laws? Or is it in a vacuum and just pure shitty journalism? The fact that everyone has a different perspective as to what consists of common sense is indicative that this is an unscientific and meaningless survey.

Do you have a source or do you pull numbers out of your ass?

Last edited:
Qualify your data. Is the question in the context of additional laws? existing laws? specifically proposed laws? Or is it in a vacuum and just pure shitty journalism?

Do you have a source or do you pull numbers out of your ass?

The first part of your question is nonsensical. As to sources for the opinion surveys done, if you can't find them in under five minutes with a Google search, I'll provide the references tomorrow when I have some free time tomorrow afternoon.

The first part of your question is nonsensical. As to sources for the opinion surveys done, if you can't find them in under five minutes with a Google search, I'll provide the references tomorrow when I have some free time tomorrow afternoon.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you'll link something worthwhile. If you want to make an argument devoid of useful information, it's not my duty to complete it.

so Signation is a fudd? or a Pro-anti?

I'm holding out hope for devil's advocate... that hope is diminishing rapidly. He has a point about people making some pretty shitty defenses to standard criticism here, felt the need to put him to task.

Or it could just mean you're an idiot that can't come up with anything worthwhile to post. So the last poster had a good question for you, Elmer (giving you the benefit here). Are you part of Marsha's group, or just another Fudd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom