• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bob's indoor range Salisbury on 6:00 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good... you'll probably find a similar percentage of those numbers here... with the caveat that many of us would not have those people out on the street where they could acquire guns.

For example, 82% of gun owners support criminal background checks for gun purchasers (74% of NRA members voiced support for background checks). Sixty-eight percent of NRA members believe that individuals who have been arrested for domestic violence should not be eligible for gun permits. And 75% of NRA members believe that concealed weapon permits should not be available to people who have committed violent misdemeanors

Now those numbers are in response to VERY specific questions, your argument was based upon "common sense gun laws". As I previously stated, common sense isn't all that common where it varies from person to person. Dianne Feinstein owns a gun so she claims, her idea of common sense gun laws and mine are completely different... Therefore, your argument is flawed and without merit.

Now those numbers are in response to VERY specific questions, your argument was "common sense gun laws". As I previously stated, common sense isn't all that common where it varies from person to person. Therefore, your argument is flawed.

Looks like Hiltonizer beat me to the punch. You're prior comments would lead us to believe that 75% of NRA members would support an AWB.

Good... you'll probably find a similar percentage of those numbers here... with the caveat that many of us would not have those people out on the street where they could acquire guns.

Now those numbers are in response to VERY specific questions, your argument was based upon "common sense gun laws". As I previously stated, common sense isn't all that common where it varies from person to person. Dianne Feinstein owns a gun so she claims, her idea of common sense gun laws and mine are completely different... Therefore, your argument is flawed and without merit.

The questions asked represent common sense gun laws. The questions were asked by a Republican consultant which is probably why so many NRA members responded. In the context of the poster to whom I responded (go back now and read for comprehension) who set out an absolutist position on the 2A, the absolutist is in the clear small minority of gun owners in the US, even amongst NRA members. As the reporter noted in the NPR piece and others who have commented on this consultant's survey, the percentages raise the question of whether or not the NRA leadership is accurately reflecting the position of its own members.

Interesting that you would not have those with whom you disagree out on the street with guns. I think there are a few historic precedents for that in totalitarian states. So what are you then. A benevolent totalitarian? :D

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Or it could just mean you're an idiot that can't come up with anything worthwhile to post. So the last poster had a good question for you, Elmer (giving you the benefit here). Are you part of Marsha's group, or just another Fudd?

In your world, delusional as that might be, it probably does mean that I'm an idiot. But, there are idiots and then there are Idiots. Coming from you and your ilk, the negative rep points are definitely an honor. Keep em coming, Froggy. Twang...............:D

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom