• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boberg XR9

I love advances in technology. I'd buy it. Too bad it would never be MA compliant, or even affordable for that matter.

Hey just wanted to bump this as I've been following his site and he looks pretty close to launching. Hopefully it's out and "mass compliant" by the time my girlfriend gets her LTC... but I'm not holding my breath on that mass compliant thing.

Mike

Last word is March at the earliest. Lots of production and some design issues getting shaken out. It'll be a while, but yeah, he's basically made a bullpup handgun. Pretty cool way to get some more barrel length out of a small handgun.

Wow, he is getting close to 1600 fps and 540 ft-lbs of energy with this 9 mm? Seems suspect to me though very interesting.

Where did you see those numbers ???

Here's what I saw on their web page:

Using Federal 147-gr. Hydra-Shok JHP

Avg. Energy in Ft-Lbs 283

Avg. Velocity in Ft/Sec 932

He keeps his web page pretty up to date, and responds to questions daily. I do think we will see this as a reality in the not too distant future.

Mike

Where did you see those numbers ???

http://www.bobergarms.com/notes/Performance

Bottom of this page; those numbers were with CorBon 100gr +P

ETA: It also seems like H&K is finally vindicated:
DSC_0016.JPG

Last edited:
Eh, it's a gun not a fashion statement...

Pretty nifty if it works reliably... I've often wondered about that approach for longer barreled pocket gun.

I'll keep my glock and sig though...

Meh, we all have our pet peeves, and mine is guns that just don't look right.

I mean, seriously. I would be ASHAMED to shoot someone with that thing.

I still like metal guns versus plastic ones, though I do like the lightness. This is why I sometimes whine about and wish for an alloy Kahr PMK9. Maybe they could call it the AMK9.

I love advances in technology. I'd buy it. Too bad it would never be MA compliant, or even affordable for that matter.

This is not new technology. Machine guns nearly a hundred years ago used this method of loading. Modern pistols have had this technology but weren't ever reliable.

It seems that this guy and his team have found a way of making it reliable. Though, only time will tell.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it does.

I bet that design kills some of the recoil because as the slide is on its back stroke it strips the round versus when its closing.

Wow, he is getting close to 1600 fps and 540 ft-lbs of energy with this 9 mm? Seems suspect to me though very interesting.

1600 fps were figures for the full size gun. Assuming full size meant ~5", it doesn't seem unfeasible to get 1600 fps from a 100gr powerball

The feeding mechanism looks too complicated for my taste. Time will tell.

M2HB uses a similar method. Extract rounds backwards from the belt, and chambers them. Not really a problem area on the gun, at least in my experience.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd bump this thread since apparently the first batch of these things have actually shipped. It will probably be years at the very least until we see them in MA, but its always cool when something new pops up in the gun world. The price point isn't much higher than a PM9, which is pretty good considering the scale at which these are currently being produced. A few are up on gunbroker at over 2K.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom