1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Boat ramp failure stories

Discussion in 'Hunting, Trapping, & Fishing Forum' started by Obie1, May 4, 2013.

1. AHM

AHM NES Member

[​IMG]

2. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

They weren't using it anymore! Probably.

AHM likes this.
  3. DPR

DPR

Bit long but you can ffwd to the good parts

AHM likes this.
  4. whacko

whacko

Many moons ago a buddy invited me out to go fishing in his new to him motor boat. I'm not a boat guy......at all....just remember it was a used Boston whaler. Small one with an outboard. The public ramp was busy. His plan was to drop me in the water with the boat and have me take it out a little ways while he went to park the truck and trailer.....then come back and get him. It was a bit of a ways to where he'd have to park. This would let others use the ramp because there was a line. He dropped me.....and took off with the trailer. My feet started to get wet. Yup.....he forgot to out the plug back in from the last time he used it. But it was too late......he had already pulled out of ear shot. Son of a bitch tried to drown me! Lol

I drove it around trying to keep the water out but ended up beaching it. Waited for him to get back and he had to run back to the truck to get the plug. Yes......everyone was laughing at me.

Did I mention I'm not a boat guy lol

AHM likes this.
  5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I’ve got a pen made from the beams of the Constitution from the last big reno. My dad has a spike from the 1970’s reno. Made by. . . . . . . . . . Revere!

6. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Not your fault though, he set you up to fail!!! [rofl]