• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boat ramp failure stories

Many moons ago a buddy invited me out to go fishing in his new to him motor boat. I'm not a boat guy......at all....just remember it was a used Boston whaler. Small one with an outboard. The public ramp was busy. His plan was to drop me in the water with the boat and have me take it out a little ways while he went to park the truck and trailer.....then come back and get him. It was a bit of a ways to where he'd have to park. This would let others use the ramp because there was a line. He dropped me.....and took off with the trailer. My feet started to get wet. Yup.....he forgot to out the plug back in from the last time he used it. But it was too late......he had already pulled out of ear shot. Son of a bitch tried to drown me! Lol

I drove it around trying to keep the water out but ended up beaching it. Waited for him to get back and he had to run back to the truck to get the plug. Yes......everyone was laughing at me.

Did I mention I'm not a boat guy lol

I’ve got a pen made from the beams of the Constitution from the last big reno. My dad has a spike from the 1970’s reno. Made by. . . . . . . . . . Revere!

Many moons ago a buddy invited me out to go fishing in his new to him motor boat. I'm not a boat guy......at all....just remember it was a used Boston whaler. Small one with an outboard. The public ramp was busy. His plan was to drop me in the water with the boat and have me take it out a little ways while he went to park the truck and trailer.....then come back and get him. It was a bit of a ways to where he'd have to park. This would let others use the ramp because there was a line. He dropped me.....and took off with the trailer. My feet started to get wet. Yup.....he forgot to out the plug back in from the last time he used it. But it was too late......he had already pulled out of ear shot. Son of a bitch tried to drown me! Lol

I drove it around trying to keep the water out but ended up beaching it. Waited for him to get back and he had to run back to the truck to get the plug. Yes......everyone was laughing at me.

Did I mention I'm not a boat guy lol

Not your fault though, he set you up to fail!!! [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom