Boar hunting, Tioga, PA?

Keeper

NES Member
I'm looking for reviews, observations, or things to keep in mind for boar hunting at
Wild Boar Hunts and Hog Hunting Trips in Pennsylvania | Tioga Boar Hunting

I have some friends looking into a 2 day springtime trip and I'm planning on joining them. Reviews seem good and I like the 6 hour drive vs. NC or further.

I plan to hunt with an AR/red dot and .308 Henry/low-power scope, FWIW.

I took a black ram at Tioga a few years back. It’s a big place with varied terrain and you don’t feel like it’s just a shooting range/slaughter house. It’s probably one of the best high fence hunting spots in PA, I can’t tell you that you won’t know it’s high fence but it’s very good. They will skin, butcher and mount your kill and the accommodations were actually pretty nice. The only negative I recall is the water was atrocious, it reeked of sulfur and was undrinkable.

We are going to South Carolina this year for hogs. SC has a ton of hogs and you can still do a real stalk and kill hunt.

As long as it's not like hunting in a zoo, I'm fine with it. If I'm just pointing my rifle at a feeding station and surfing NES until a hog comes along then I have better things to do.

South Carolina sounds better for a future trip and I could tie it in with some other stops along the way. Are there outfits/guides for a trip there or do you need to get a SC hunting license, find a place that will butcher/pack, and just drive down there and hunt?

I went to a Tioga in 2017, great guys and processing. Fenced in, but not ‘canned’, not ‘fair chase’ either.

In December I’m going to South Carolina (Cedar Knoll) for a combo Deer-Hog, my son and FiL will shoot, I’m filming. Next hunt I want to do is bear.

A bit overpriced, but closest boar hunting experience whitout crossing the Madison-Dixon line. Tioga County is wonderful and wild in general.

Thinking of doing Tioga Ranch or moonshine ranch in October with some friends. sound like a couple of you have been to Tioga. How about moonshine ranch?

Back
Top Bottom