Boar Hunting in New England

Anyone know of any boar hunting outfitters in NE?

I remember seeing an episode of Camo Country where they hunted boar in Colebrook, NH but I can't find anything on the web.

Can anyone help?

They are showing up in central NY. Look on some of the hunting sites and
you'll see some references to where they have been seen and shot. Otherwise,
you are looking at a game farm.

Vermont!

Hi,
I hunted and harvested a nice boar at Wild Hill Preserve in Fairlee, VT this past October. I would consider the entire experience quite good. They have been in business a very long time. have about 2,000 acres, numerous species available including buffalo. Contact number is 802-333-4179. Write for a brochure at 646 Preserve Road, 05045.
Good Luck!
Stogie F.

Hi,
I hunted and harvested a nice boar at Wild Hill Preserve in Fairlee, VT this past October.

thumb.gif
Thanks and a tip O'the Stetson to ya !
yo.gif

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses.

Hi,
I hunted and harvested a nice boar at Wild Hill Preserve in Fairlee, VT this past October. I would consider the entire experience quite good. They have been in business a very long time. have about 2,000 acres, numerous species available including buffalo. Contact number is 802-333-4179. Write for a brochure at 646 Preserve Road, 05045.
Good Luck!
Stogie F.

I just called them. Thanks.

I saw a few NY outfitters at the Worcester Outdoor expo this past weekend. I might give one a try if I can't book something together closer to home.

For the most part, there are two preserves in New England that offer boar hunting. Wild Hill in Fairlee Vermont run by Bill Richter and Hillside Game Ranch in Aurora Maine run by Scott Beede.

There is the Corbin Park in Sullivan County NH but it is very exclusive. They have a herd of elk and Russian boar that date back at least 100 years. But it is incredibly hard to get in to hunt.

Corbin Park has about 40,000 acres under a high fence and 25 to 30 members. I know someone who knows a member. Basically you have to be independently wealthy to join this club. To join, the initiation fee is $235,000. Nope. That is not a typo. You have to buy a share of the club to join. Then yearly membership runs about $35,000. In order to join, the other members have to vote you in. This person knows a man who owns a large company and he takes him in as a guest. I believe you are allowed something like 50 Russian boar and so many elk each year. You can as a member bring a guest and have them shoot off your tally.

I talked with NH fish and game and some of the Russian boar have escaped into the local swamps and are fair game to anyone with a valid NH big game license any time of the year. But they aren't easy. Very nocturnal and in the thickest of swamps. I personally know no one who has shot any.

For the most part, there are two preserves in New England that offer boar hunting. Wild Hill in Fairlee Vermont run by Bill Richter and Hillside Game Ranch in Aurora Maine run by Scott Beede.

There is the Corbin Park in Sullivan County NH but it is very exclusive. They have a herd of elk and Russian boar that date back at least 100 years. But it is incredibly hard to get in to hunt.

Corbin Park has about 40,000 acres under a high fence and 25 to 30 members. I know someone who knows a member. Basically you have to be independently wealthy to join this club. To join, the initiation fee is $235,000. Nope. That is not a typo. You have to buy a share of the club to join. Then yearly membership runs about $35,000. In order to join, the other members have to vote you in. This person knows a man who owns a large company and he takes him in as a guest. I believe you are allowed something like 50 Russian boar and so many elk each year. You can as a member bring a guest and have them shoot off your tally.

I talked with NH fish and game and some of the Russian boar have escaped into the local swamps and are fair game to anyone with a valid NH big game license any time of the year. But they aren't easy. Very nocturnal and in the thickest of swamps. I personally know no one who has shot any.

Wow, thanks for the info, bigbore.

$235K is a bit out of my price range so I think I'm gonna book a hunt at Wild Hill. That runs $750.

I looked up Hillside Game Ranch on the web and found that it's advertised as member's only. Corporate memberships are $100K, and individual memberships are $50K. Unreal.

Ive been thinking about taking a trip to TX this coming february for a hog hunt.
The middle of the winter is my slowest time of year, work wise, so its a good time for a road trip.
I have been researching and there are lots of Bubba type operations,fly by night looking outfitters, some outright thieves according to some reviews Ive found on the 'net and others that look reputable enough but are very expensive.
One of the best looking spots with endorsements from SCI and Cabela's is the Y-Bar ranch. No limit on hogs, coyotes and such and one bobcat per hunter and more of a "free range " hunt than some of the other small penned-in ranches or preserves.

http://www.ybarranch.com/

Group hunting trip?????

my son asked me about Boar hunting last night. There was a place in PA that advertised in the back of the 'Rifleman' years ago. Not sure if it's still around...I'll check it today

I have a couple of past issues of Pennsylvania Outdoor News kicking around and there's a few ads for bore hunts in PA. I'll post them later on.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I'm kicking around doing a wild boar hunt soon. I haven't been in years, but there were places in WPA, where boar were truly wild and not a fenced hunt - I shot a 220-pounder back in the 80's on the PA/WVA border...I'm going to do some research and try and get a trip together this year...Anyone game?

I don't know much about it, but I've heard that wild bores area problem in SE Alabama. A little farther, but I was talking to someone that had recentley taken 3 on their property.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I'm kicking around doing a wild boar hunt soon. I haven't been in years, but there were places in WPA, where boar were truly wild and not a fenced hunt - I shot a 220-pounder back in the 80's on the PA/WVA border...I'm going to do some research and try and get a trip together this year...Anyone game?

Consider Argentina?

There we use a pack of dogs a knife and a hand gun (just in case) to hunt boars[rockon]. But they are smaller too about 100 to 150 lbs tops. I can get you hunting for almost nothing![grin]

Anyone know of any boar hunting outfitters in NE?

I remember seeing an episode of Camo Country where they hunted boar in Colebrook, NH but I can't find anything on the web.

Can anyone help?

Uuh, Sen Kerry. But I don't know if he's been seen hunting any outfitters lately.

My boss hunted boar in Northern VT @ Dav-Lin Acres and actually the hunt aired on Rusty Faulk Outdoors. They had a great time and shot large Russian Boars.

I would be up for that,when were you thinking of going?

WOW! That's amazing! Do the dogs actually kill the boar? You chip in for gas and I'll drive....Am packing now....[cheers]

No, the dogs track the boar down, after a short chase they catch up to them and the designated dogs, usually larger ones hold it till you get there and kill the animal with the knife. A bit dangerous for everyone but the rush is grate. The dogs are dressed with special vests and neck braces to protect them. We always carry a first aid kit (for the dogs of course) Just in case. The best part is that these dogs are every day pets for these families, not trained killing machines, they don't know what a leash is and are very friendly to everyone.

I will love to take the trip. [sad]

Maybe one of these days, one of these days.

I'll try to get some actual video of my brothers hunt, they make it lots of fun good food, late knight fires and some[cheers] before sleeping under the stars. Good times.

No, the dogs track the boar down, after a short chase they catch up to them and the designated dogs, usually larger ones hold it till you get there and kill the animal with the knife. A bit dangerous for everyone but the rush is grate. The dogs are dressed with special vests and neck braces to protect them. We always carry a first aid kit (for the dogs of course) Just in case. The best part is that these dogs are every day pets for these families, not trained killing machines, they don't know what a leash is and are very friendly to everyone.

I will love to take the trip. [sad]

Maybe one of these days, one of these days.

I'll try to get some actual video of my brothers hunt, they make it lots of fun good food, late knight fires and some[cheers] before sleeping under the stars. Good times.

That sounds absolutely amazing...I would love that.

Back
Top Bottom