• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blumie and Murphy (CT senators) want 3-day decision requirement removed!

Yep, our illustrious senators want to submit a bill that would "eliminate that 3 day decision loophole" from the mix. They want it to be open ended and if a decision can't be made, to heck with you. With no limit on the amount of time that the government can take to authorize a purchase, what do you think their incentive will be to issue authorizations within any type of time line? Think there will be many "instant" decisions made or do you think that that would be the thing of the past?

I believe it's important to know where that 3 day decision limit came from. I found this article really interesting as it was decided 22 years ago. I didn't know all the facts. And when guys complain that the NRA is a do nothing org for shooters, they surely did have an impact on this.

Rome

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/brady-bill-amendment-default-proceed-loophole-amendment-nra/

I bet the computer system would go down often so a gun shop can't get the ok. MA and CT have the worst pairs of senators in the country.

with all the databases available these day to LE 3 days is more than enough time. i wonder if they would be willing to give up their armed security every time a prospective gun owner has to wait so that they would walk in their shoes for a time.

Stop now, your not suggesting that if they didn't have to shit or get off the pot it might be abused?
I'm sure it wouldn't be denying your constitutional rights if it took a month or five to get it back.
Think of the children man, think of the children.

If a guy in a police cruiser with a laptop can pull up my life's history in a few seconds including a list of guns I own, then there is no f*cking excuse for any kind of a delay in a check.

These people are complete hypocrites. If the headline read, "How America ended up with a Judicial System that let's guilty people walk soon after they are accused", the would shit a ****ing brick. But both are contrived demonizations of Constitutional Rights to due process.

This isn't a loophole... this is teeth.

You have to submit to a background check, or go to jail.

They have three days to say "no" or they lose their chance.

We already know what happens when there is a law that say what the government gets to do with no "or else" clause. Anyone in MA actually get their FID or LTC or the rejection in the state mandated 40 days? What happens if it takes longer? Nothing.

Politicians know that a mandate without a punishment clause is pointless. We need to make sure that there is a punishment clause for the government side as well.

They don't get much worse on 2A rights than New Yorks senators, Schumer and Gillibrand.

They are right there with MA's and CT's, equally as bad. MD's are horrible too, CA with boxer and feinstein.

What they are overlooking, is that the 3-day "loophole" is in the law to keep the whole interpretation of BG check requirements perceived as constitutional by the courts. Remove the shit or get off the pot clause, and the government is restricting rights, and all they have to do is say that NICS is down... permanently. So go ahead, close that "loophole" so a group like NRA, SAF, NAGR et. al. can sue and hit the Supreme Court with it.

Last edited:
What they are overlooking, is that the 3-day "loophole" is in the law to keep the whole interpretation of BG check requirements perceived as constitutional by the courts. Remove the shit or get off the pot clause, and the government is restricting rights, and all they have to do is say that NICS is down... permanently. So go ahead, close that "loophole" so a group like NRA, SAF, NAGR et. al. can sue and hit the Supreme Court with it.
Be careful what you wish for though. I shudder to think what the make-up of a Hitlery SCOTUS would look like...

Back
Top Bottom