Blue Hills

Emailed them this was the reply
Good Morning

Thanks for reaching out to DCR regarding the Blue Hills Deer Management Program.

Right now the draft management plan, which does include hunting this year, is under review. We're hoping it will be finalized very soon. When that happens, we would open up the application period. I'll send you an email letting you know when you can submit an application.

Thanks for reaching out!

DCR

Ya got the email. Was disappointed when I read no shotgun and then pissed when I read on and saw some socially distanced Bullspit. Deleted

I got picked the first year but bailed on it. Didn't care for the restrictions. HAD TO HUNT on the prescribed days, hunting wasn't optional but mandatory. You could only hunt until noon, they stacked you on top of each other and every hunter got assigned a mandatory area they had to go... The areas were so small they practically picked the tree you would be in.

No thanks.

I got picked the first year but bailed on it. Didn't care for the restrictions. HAD TO HUNT on the prescribed days, hunting wasn't optional but mandatory. You could only hunt until noon, they stacked you on top of each other and every hunter got assigned a mandatory area they had to go... The areas were so small they practically picked the tree you would be in.

No thanks.

I ran into the same thing in the Branford RWA hunt years back. I stopped doing all the controlled hunt stuff after that. Too much bull crap.

Bob

Get used to it. Within 10 years I bet the whole state of Massachusetts will be bow only for deer hunting.
I attended my town's MassWildlife hearing that was
gathering testimony from Karens to justify outlawing
coyote hunting contests on the Cape.
(Don't let anyone fool you about the hearings' series root goal).

A state biologist claimed that,
"kill all the coyotes you want, the coyotes will make more".
(My words, his semantics).

In other words, he had actual PowerPoint slides stating that
hunting pressure is incapable of extirpating coyotes.

Well, as hunting pressure on deer decreases,
what happens to the coyote population?

If you think that all of the Lost Cat handbills
stapled to telephone poles are remarkable,
think ahead to the Inevitable outcome:

Boston Globe: Milton Woman: Dingo Stole My Baby​

Got an email on Friday that I have been selected for the 2020 blue hills hunt one of 225 archers, more details to follow. Anyone have any first hand details of what has been done on the past with this hunt? If I am forced to hunt all 11 days I will have to give my spot up as I cannot take 11 days off of work in a row. Hunts will be Monday- Thursday only.

Back
Top Bottom