• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

blue guns

Anyone use those polymer molded blue guns at home to practice your holster draw speed/reliability/precision, and perhaps even home defense tacticool drills when you don't want to use a real pistol even unloaded? I remember handling some of them years ago when I first went through firearms safety classes. Only thing is they felt like airsoft light, naturally because of the plastic materials. Does any company make practice model pistols that have a more realistic and balanced heft to it, perhaps with a lead sinker core? In the words of Boris, "Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit him with it." LC-1.jpg

The company that makes the blue guns usually has 2 options for most models. The lightweight version, and one that matches the weight of a fully loaded gun. I have one, and would like to get more, but they are so damn expensive just to use for trainers...

S&R tactical makes some great ones. The 1911 style I have even has a mag release and magazine.

Better to train with your firearms of choice. You can practice safety manipulation, that good trigger press, and magazine changes.

Make sure you don't have any live rounds in your training area, double check, double check again. Check the status of your firearm, check again.

All rules still apply; keep it pointed in safe direction, finger off the trigger until you have an acceptable sight picture.

Blue guns are good but it could also make you complacent above muzzle, trigger finger, etc.

What's wrong with using your own unloaded gun?
I don't see the need for a Smurf gun.
Better to train with your firearms of choice. You can practice safety manipulation, that good trigger press, and magazine changes.

Make sure you don't have any live rounds in your training area, double check, double check again. Check the status of your firearm, check again.

All rules still apply; keep it pointed in safe direction, finger off the trigger until you have an acceptable sight picture.

Blue guns are good but it could also make you complacent above muzzle, trigger finger, etc.

Point of blue guns, or otherwise inert firearms lookalikes, is when you're doing some sort of training that involves the presence of guns but not shooting them. Or, even handling them. A blue gun could go in a holster and simulate the presence of a gun but isn't a gun and thus doesn't have to be checked for safety constantly. There's times when constantly checking if a gun is loaded would interfere with what else is going on.

Anyone use those polymer molded blue guns at home to practice your holster draw speed/reliability/precision, and perhaps even home defense tacticool drills when you don't want to use a real pistol even unloaded? I remember handling some of them years ago when I first went through firearms safety classes. Only thing is they felt like airsoft light, naturally because of the plastic materials. Does any company make practice model pistols that have a more realistic and balanced heft to it, perhaps with a lead sinker core? In the words of Boris, "Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit him with it."View attachment 361722

Boris the blade??? Boris the bullet dodger???

Gotta be one of my top-10 movies. I've got it on DVR right now from 2 weeks ago. It was on over teh weekend - I STILL stopped everything and watched it on cable. LOL

I think Guy Ritchie can be a colossal tool (and you can't trust anyone who marries Madonna), but he's got several AMAZING movies.

They are good if you are training in gun disarm techniques. Or want to teach someone who is brand new to firearms and scared to even hold a real one.

I haven't played with them but the modern bb gun replicas are supposed to be a very close match including safeties and mag releases and such.

Better to train with your firearms of choice. You can practice safety manipulation, that good trigger press, and magazine changes. Make sure you don't have any live rounds in your training area, double check, double check again. Check the status of your firearm, check again. All rules still apply; keep it pointed in safe direction, finger off the trigger until you have an acceptable sight picture. Blue guns are good but it could also make you complacent above muzzle, trigger finger, etc.

Blue Guns aren't used when a live firearm could be used, SAFELY; they are used when a live firearm could not be used, SAFELY.

Blue Guns' very reason for being is to be used for simulating a firearm in situations where a live firearm cannot be used SAFELY.

Back
Top Bottom