• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blue Bullets

I have 1140 more 9mm bullets to go through still, then I think I'll give these a try since I hear good things.

Didn't know about a discount, sweet.

Although with 9mm on a single stage weighing each charge by hand that 1140 will take me almost 1140 years to load.

Drink the Red Kool-Aid, several friends of mine have recently bought Hornady LnL's off the classifieds here and they've run great, along with the one I purchased years ago.

They run great and their 115 gr. 3900 count come to be really inexpensive when combined with the 5% discount or if you join in a group buy.

Once I burn through my light 357 mag rounds that are loaded with plated, and other coated bullets, I'll be ordering their 158s.

Still haven't had a squib with the blue's running that super light charge we discussed before.

these blue bullet folks operate with a rocket up their behind. this gotta be one of the quickest orders i've seen processed & shipped...ever. 45 minutes after placing the order i got the shipping label created email. less than 2 hours later it left the building. damn, if i ordered thursday, it'd be here today. now i got to wait until monday. [crying]

these blue bullet folks operate with a rocket up their behind. this gotta be one of the quickest orders i've seen processed & shipped...ever. 45 minutes after placing the order i got the shipping label created email. less than 2 hours later it left the building. damn, if i ordered thursday, it'd be here today. now i got to wait until monday. [crying]
Haha. Yeah they are insane with their order processing. Just another reason why I use them. Even during the Black Friday sales, they were shipping within 1-2 days.

does anyone know if these guys are back to their lightning quick shipping? there was a post a few weeks ago they were sluggish on shipping but that's to be expected after all that's going on.

does anyone know if these guys are back to their lightning quick shipping? there was a post a few weeks ago they were sluggish on shipping but that's to be expected after all that's going on.
I placed an order last month and it took about 2ish weeks to be delivered.

About 3, mebbe 4 wks for a big boatload of 147's. Arrived Thursday. First time the mail-person refused to deliver. Had to pick up at the P.O. Too heavy. In her defense she's kind of frail, even for a 90 yr old. I'll bet she was something back in the horse and buggy days tho. In response to the snoopy busy body at the counter's question I went with fishing weights.

Last edited:
It may have been 3 weeks for me but no more. I’m not sure if they ship faster to their sponsored shooters??? Almost like TSUSA shipping faster for prime members?

Is this the way to go nowadays? I took a long hiatus from reloading due to life circumstances but am getting the urge to shoot some more and at today's factory ammo prices and hassles reloading 9mm is suddenly economically viable again.

I had been using Xtreme and RMR plated for most of my handgun loading. I cast for several calibers but don't have molds for 9mm yet, and have never done home powder coating.

Have plated bullets mostly been supplanted by coated for general handgun fodder?

Is this the way to go nowadays? I took a long hiatus from reloading due to life circumstances but am getting the urge to shoot some more and at today's factory ammo prices and hassles reloading 9mm is suddenly economically viable again.

I had been using Xtreme and RMR plated for most of my handgun loading. I cast for several calibers but don't have molds for 9mm yet, and have never done home powder coating.

Have plated bullets mostly been supplanted by coated for general handgun fodder?
If you go to the casting seminar, Michael will show you how to coat bullets.

It says right there on the website " Blah blah blah In general, please allow 3-6 weeks for shipment blah blah blah"

Even Bayou Bullets website says "Hey Ya'll blah blah blah 4 weeks blah blah blah Ya'll"

I broke down and just ordered some Precision Bullets and Blue Bullets. I’ll give them both a try. The delivered price per 1000 was almost $20 cheaper than the copper coated I was using. At that savings, and easier availability I figured it was time to give them a try.

Most manufacturers are running a few weeks behind currently. the best advice given to me that I pass on to new shooters is don’t wait until you need something to buy it.
Factory ammo, powder and primers we have no say in and just hope to get lucky and find it. But bullets are made by so many companies and have no restrictions such as hazmat.
Stack them deep, place orders well in advance of when you need them. I’m waiting on a few thousand currently but I don’t care if they showed up today or in 6 months.

To keep this on topic, I haven’t tried the blue bullets yet but I will someday. I think there was an issue a while back that Blue Bullets changed the profile of the 9mm bullets and didn’t notify anyone of changes. A local shooter and a large batch of ammo he made that wouldn’t work in his guns because the new profile changed the COAL.
I’ll ask him next time I see him.

i ordered a few more sample packs after the initial order. yeah, i like them just fine. i'm in the process of ordering in bulk now. i can wait for them to catch their breath for a bit.

I ended up ordering some 9mm 125gr RN blues. Thinking of trying it with CFE Pistol I have on hand. Anyone have good luck with that combo?
hope you're not in a hurry, they still show a 12-14 week backlog to ship on the homepage. my order was shipped the day after the 12th week, with shipping time figure 13 weeks. plenty of time to work out a load.

try kings shooters supply, pretty fast shipping. they feature a coated bullet. someone here said he got his order 3 days after he placed it. i ordered very early that same day and my stuff shipped in 2 weeks. i dunno.

hope you're not in a hurry, they still show a 12-14 week backlog to ship on the homepage. my order was shipped the day after the 12th week, with shipping time figure 13 weeks. plenty of time to work out a load.

try kings shooters supply, pretty fast shipping. they feature a coated bullet. someone here said he got his order 3 days after he placed it. i ordered very early that same day and my stuff shipped in 2 weeks. i dunno.

Yeah I'm not in a hurry. My last order of .38/357 blue bullets shipped pretty quick (in Oct) but I don't doubt the 9mm stuff will take longer. Thanks for the tip of another vendor.

My 3k 147’s arrived today. 13 weeks from ordering. I wasn’t in a rush luckily.

Back
Top Bottom