• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blown primers with XM193

I've had a recurring problem with my AR where once every 30 rounds or so a primer blows out falls into my trigger group and renders the gun useless. Using brown box xm193 in my 5.56 chambered 1/7 twist CMMG barrel. It's also happened with American eagle xm193...it's a 14.5 middy bcm bcg. I'm wondering if the barrel was stamped 5.56 but really is .223 so I might need a Ned Christiansen's chamber reamer, don't wanna drop $240 on one so would anyone wanna let me borrow one?

Interesting. Be neat to find out the cause, thats the same ammo I always shoot (the Eagle) and I have never had that happen.

I think there is a similar report by a NES member 'underwhere' too. Same ammo with CMMG upper. Hmm, Coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about a receiver rug to keep the primer from lodging under the trigger? HERE. I use these on my 2 ARs with single stage triggers. It messed up the 2-stage so I took it out.

Back
Top Bottom