• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bloomturd a Eagle Scout??????!!!!!!!!!!!

i think 30 plus years ago Eagle Scout was a "high" honor and looked good on your portfolio ?

It helped my in the mid-to-late 90's to get my first job in technology. Both of the guys that interviewed me were also Eagle Scouts. In fact, I think it got me into College as well that my 'advisor' thought was a stretch for me.

Crap, been planning on buying that Eagle Scout Henry... Guess it's time.

While being an Eagle scout is a good thing it doesn't mean he isn't an A-hole now. Plenty of Navy seals and Delta and cops and firefighters can also be massive A-holes as well. While most of them are very decent people an A-hole can always slip though the cracks. (especially being that short! [rofl] )

It taught me a lot of lessons about ineffective leadership; bullying; arrogance and a failure to lead by example. I got my Eagle in the 70's so I am LTCed (Licensed To Criticize).

Attachments

• 1581907049800.png
    1581907049800.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 31
In addition to the usuall Scouting stuff, in a well run troop the boys learn, usually without realizing it, leadership . Earning the rank of eagle isn't proof of being an angel. Mainly, as others have said, you show you can commit yourself to a goal and exercise leadership in following through to achieve it. Less than 5% of Scouts become Eagles, so it's a bit of a big deal. My dad, my brother and I, and both my boys were Scouts.

My older boy is the only one of us to earn Eagle. To complete his Eagle project he had to get other kids and adults to help. I think the biggest thing he learned was that other adults aren't mom and dad. They often don't return calls, show up when promised or follow through, so you have to check up on them, remind them and handle problems when things don't go as expected. ...Leadership...

One college recruiter speaking at our high school said they give Eagle the same weight as Class President.

I was never a scout myself, but several of my school friends were. I remember that many of them carried their scout knives in class. The teachers never said a word about it, never tried to take them away, and nobody ever got stabbed.
(this was in the 70's)
I thought their knives were cool, but I wasn't jealous, because I always carried a better knife.
Try doing that nowadays, just saying the word "knife" in class will trigger a school lockdown and SWAT Team response.

I've carried a pocket knife every day since 3rd grade. I remember in 6th grade at recess we played Stretch. It was like mumbly peg, but in reverse. Standing toe to toe if you get the knife to stick in the ground two feet away the other guy has to stretch to put one foot in that spot. Eventually someone can't stretch their legs wide enough and loses.

Anyway, when I have to put my pocket knife in a checked bag, I feel naked until I fish it out of the suitcase in baggage claim.

It taught me a lot of lessons about ineffective leadership; bullying; arrogance and a failure to lead by example. I got my Eagle in the 70's so I am LTCed (Licensed To Criticize).
And yet, you learned a lot about leadership. Sometimes the best lessons involve learning how not to do something.

Put your Eagle scout card in your wallet next to your license, so you can show it to cops when you get pulled over & your girlfriend's parents ;)

Put your Eagle scout card in your wallet next to your license, so you can show it to cops when you get pulled over & your girlfriend's parents ;)
I've never had a bumper sticker until recently. There's more than one reason I have a "Proud parent of an Eagle Scout" sticker on my car, in the back, close to the license plate.[wink]

Steven Breyer... Eagle Scout

Louis Freeh .... Eagle Scout

Marion Barry... Eagle Scout

Arthur Gary Bishop... Eagle Scout, serial killer

James Brady... Eagle Scout and gun grabber

Mike Dukakis , Eagle Scout, part time tank crew member

H.R. "Bob" Halderman, Eagle Scout, White House Plumber

L. Ron Hubbard, Eagle Scout, nut case

Robert McNamara, Eagle Scout, ..... failed military strategist

Fred Phelps, Eagle Scout, Scum of the earth

Charles Whitman, Eagle Scout, mass murderer

You forgot:

Mike Bloomberg, Eagle Scout, Arsehole

America needs a Paramilitary version of the Scouts for young men.
Dads don't just drop their sons off... they train along side them.
It would be a very discriminating version with plenty of wash-outs...

Uniform is Rhodesian Army, Summer
Selous-Battalion.png

PA-1291383-2.jpg

Maybe a camp for girls...

Last edited:
This makes sense now. Scouts declared bankruptcy.
Yup. Swept up pedo files going back millenia just like the catholic church. Nothing to see here. I was in the scouts at a young age. Got to bear but I always had an uneasy feeling about scout meetups. Guess my intuition was spot on. I was gone shortly after that.

Steven Breyer... Eagle Scout

Louis Freeh .... Eagle Scout

Marion Barry... Eagle Scout

Arthur Gary Bishop... Eagle Scout, serial killer

James Brady... Eagle Scout and gun grabber

Mike Dukakis , Eagle Scout, part time tank crew member

H.R. "Bob" Halderman, Eagle Scout, White House Plumber

L. Ron Hubbard, Eagle Scout, nut case

Robert McNamara, Eagle Scout, ..... failed military strategist

Fred Phelps, Eagle Scout, Scum of the earth

Charles Whitman, Eagle Scout, mass murderer
For those who don't remember Marion Barry was the mayor of Washington DC and a crack addict. After a snow storm crippled the city (not such a bad thing really) he is reputed to have said "God put it there let God take it away".

Just saw this across the intrawebs, “ Bloomberg’s experience as an Eagle Scout will put him in front of Dems”. Thank god I never became an Eagle Scout if that’s what there putting out! Lol! Can any Eagle Scouts chime in and offer where they went wrong with that tyrannical POS?...

Every group has a**h***s. Be it Eagle Scouts, Lawyers, Priests, or Astronauts.

For those who don't remember Marion Barry was the mayor of Washington DC and a crack addict. After a snow storm crippled the city (not such a bad thing really) he is reputed to have said "God put it there let God take it away".

Snow don't last long, especially around DC and Barry. s/

America needs a Paramilitary version of the Scouts for young men.
Dads don't just drop their sons off... they train along side them.
It would be a very discriminating version with plenty of wash-outs...

Uniform is Rhodesian Army, Summer
Selous-Battalion.png

PA-1291383-2.jpg

Maybe a camp for girls...
We already have that, it is called Appleseed. Rifle training and history lesson all in one weekend. I took my family to one in Pelham.

Just saw this across the intrawebs, “ Bloomberg’s experience as an Eagle Scout will put him in front of Dems”. Thank god I never became an Eagle Scout if that’s what there putting out! Lol! Can any Eagle Scouts chime in and offer where they went wrong with that tyrannical POS?...
He is in good company. At age 12, the notorious University of Texas sniper, Charles Whitman, set the record for becoming the youngest Eagle Scout in history.

Back
Top Bottom