Bloomberg: Young Minority Males Shouldn’t Have Guns

woah. double deep irony here: if you give a liberal a long enough rope...........

Won't happen. They will have banned ropes.

Stop and frisk is sickening. A direct violation of 4th amendment rights and he's proud of it?

Basically what the pastor was saying was Bloomberg took your 4th amendment rights because you obviously can't be trusted with them.

And Bloomberg agrees.

I just read into New York LTC's and apparently New York City will not honor NY LTC's unless they personally sign off on it.

Lack of freedom to move about without harassment, freedom to keep and bear arms, freedom from unwarranted search and seizures.

Wtf did NYC become private property? Who owns it?

I just read into New York LTC's and apparently New York City will not honor NY LTC's unless they personally sign off on it.
This has been the case for ages. Plus, NYC has a restriction system that would make the chief in Brookline turn green with envy.

Interesting read.

John Tkazik, mayor of Poughkeepsie, New York who is a member of the NRA and a former member of MAIG resigned, saying he and 50 others also resigned because "MAIG became a vehicle for Bloomberg to promote his personal gun-control agenda - Violating the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens[...] It did not take long to realize that MAIG’s agenda was much more than ridding felons of illegal guns; that under the guise of helping mayors facing a crime and drug epidemic, MAIG intended to promote confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens.

Membership
MAIG membership has dropped 15% since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, from 1,046 members to 885. A statement from MAIG Chairman John Feinblatt said the changes in membership were "just the natural course of events that mayors leave and join our coalition based on the electoral cycle" [59]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everytown_for_Gun_Safety

I think Bloomberg has missed his target groups by courting the nags. He should really be in touch with the KKK and the white supremacists. I'm sure they could give him some great starting points for dealing with the minorities.

I think Bloomberg has missed his target groups by courting the nags. He should really be in touch with the KKK and the white supremacists. I'm sure they could give him some great starting points for dealing with the minorities.

Well, the KKK did come from the dems...

So why does he want to take away this white middle aged American man's guns?
I'm guessing that the Billionaire Bloomingturd will argue that all those guns now possessed by Black inner-city youth were, at one time, sitting unsecured in the homes of white middle aged American men. How else can he connect the two so that he can go after all of our guns? [thinking]

Bloomberg can get away with this sort of rant because he is complaining about the guns. If he were to complain about the demographics of which sort of person (by age, race and socio-economic status) was more likely to commit a gun crime, he would be considered a racist.
Or at least someone convinced him that he could get away with his new race-based approach based on that line of logic.

Or at least someone convinced him that he could get away with his new race-based approach based on that line of logic.

My very first thought was, isn't it funny Bloomy can make such a remark and {crickets} but if anyone to his political right were even to observe the disproportionate representation of young black males in the stats - let alone suggest selectively disarming them - shitstorm would ensue.

I'd like to know where that statistic comes from. 95% ??? And what percentage happens with the use of a firearm?
But I am calling bullshit on the 95% figure.[bs2]

You would be correct about his stat being BS.

He is correct about males committing the most murders but it is not 95%. He is wrong about the age and he is correct that a majority of the murders in the US were committed by a minority, it is not 95% (not even close) however.

He is just being blatantly racist.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...murder_offenders_by_age_sex_and_race_2013.xls

And this table shows something interesting: Whites mainly murder whites and blacks mainly kill blacks. There is not much inter-racial murder occurring.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...f_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

Last edited:
So why does he want to take away this white middle aged American man's guns?

I think someone coached him that gun enthusiasts weren't were the numbers were, that inner city gangs were where the illegal gun murders were happening, and wanting to be an equal opportunity gun grabber he opened his mouth and inserted his foot.

Everything is racist...

Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25.

This is either true or false. Simple enough. Pick a place and a time period. In that place and time what percent of murders are committed by "minorities" (need to define that, but safe to assume it means not-white) between the ages of 15 and 25? I'll guess it's a big number in any urban area, though 95% may be high.

Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, he said.

This is just paternalistic bullshit and also probably wrong, in addition to the fact that some of the demographic own/carry a gun solely for self defense.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Bloomberg said. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

At one point, the former mayor brought up New York City’s stop-and-frisk practices, which gained national attention in 2011. Bloomberg said that during his last year in office, a minister at a Baptist church in Harlem invited him to speak.

“While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,'” Bloomberg said. “And so I knew I was going to be okay with that audience.”

He doesn't know what other people are thinking, but this is classic collectivism: He knows what's good for "them" and he's willing to use force to impose his wisdom. Plus, never believe a politician's anecdote. They are almost always fabricated.

Here's the FBI Uniform Crime Report page on homicides in 2013, the most recent year available, should anyone care to see actual facts about how homicide offenders break down by race, age etc.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...murder_offenders_by_age_sex_and_race_2013.xls

Even amongst "black" "murder offenders" just under 1/2 are between 13 and 25.

They also show 14132 "offenders" which means that there is more than one offender per murder reflected in this table as I believe the total murders in 2013 was significantly lower than that - typically 8-9K.

Last edited:

From the sounds of his last name, the KKK wouldn't take him either.

My very first thought was, isn't it funny Bloomy can make such a remark and {crickets} but if anyone to his political right were even to observe the disproportionate representation of young black males in the stats - let alone suggest selectively disarming them - shitstorm would ensue.

Not to mention severely exaggerating the numbers to make minorities look just that much worse. 95% of murders committed by minorities? The FBI doesn't agree.

Even if every one of those "unknown" races is a minority, that's still only 68.9% of murders committed by minorities. Maybe he was referring to the middle of the ghetto only?

Mayors of modern cities must be autocrats. Cities are collections sheeple who thrive only when told what to do.

Any independent, liberty loving individual will get run out of a City.

IMHO, I'm not citing any evidence.

Wonder what else he thinks that particular group shouldn't have. ( When the mics are off).

well the right to reproduce comes to mind; unless they can financially support their progeny. Of course, that applies to everyone, not just certain groups, but an awful lot of FSA members come from the activities of that group.

I'd like to know where that statistic comes from. 95% ??? And what percentage happens with the use of a firearm?
But I am calling bullshit on the 95% figure.[bs2]

It comes from 'make up stats that fit the narrative'; the facts don't matter

Self entitled douche nozzles shouldn't be Mayors.

yet remarkably nearly all are

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom