Bloomberg: Young Minority Males Shouldn’t Have Guns

mikeyp

NES Member
http://bearingarms.com/bloomberg-young-minority-males-shouldnt-guns/
Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25. Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, he said. “These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Bloomberg said. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.” At one point, the former mayor brought up New York City’s stop-and-frisk practices, which gained national attention in 2011. Bloomberg said that during his last year in office, a minister at a Baptist church in Harlem invited him to speak. “While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,'” Bloomberg said. “And so I knew I was going to be okay with that audience.”

‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,'
So glad we have people who see absolutely nothing wrong with taking a giant dump all over the Bill of Rights.

Just read it and could not believe how racist that was, and I do not like to use the word all that often.

Bloomberg can get away with this sort of rant because he is complaining about the guns. If he were to complain about the demographics of which sort of person (by age, race and socio-economic status) was more likely to commit a gun crime, he would be considered a racist.

So why does he want to take away this white middle aged American man's guns?

QFTMFT. Shannon Watts better reign him in, because he is way off message (although factually correct). He is undermining the entire purpose of his anit-NRA platform.

I really hope someone can exploit this, as he is acknowledging that the Gun Violence that he is so vehemently against is being perpetrated by inner-city youths (most likely in gangs) with illegal guns. That's where the numbers are. Not psychopaths killing their parents and stealing their guns. And the negligent accidents are covered by existing negligent homicide and manslaughter laws (there is no need for safe storage laws).

Last edited:
(there is no need for safe storage laws).
My standard answer when asked "shouldn't there be a law" is that I support holding people accountable for misuse of unsecured guns to the same extent as I do the misuse of unsecured cleaning products, Rx meds and power tools, and there is no reason someone should have a "pass" if their kid gets into unsecured chlorox just because nobody wants to ban bleach.

Safe Storage laws are designed to make guns some sort of boogeyman, and totally ignore the circumstances of the storage (woman living along vs. family with young kids, etc.) I shouldn't have to lock my guns up, in my house, unless kids are visiting as everyone who lives here (except the dogs) has an LTC.

Last edited:
My standard answer when asked "shouldn't there be a law" is that I support holding people accountable for misuse of unsecured guns to the same extend as I do the misuse of unsecured cleaning products, Rx meds and power tools.

Safe storage laws are a Trojan horse for registration (which of course, leads to confiscation).

LEO: Knock, knock, annual gun storage inspection.
Compliant Gun Owner: Uhhhh, ok.
LEO: Says here, you're supposed to have an AR lower. Where's that.
Compliant Gun Owner: I traded it for some ammo.
LEO: Got the receipt for that transaction? I don't see any record.
...Some discussion...
LEO: Duck your head as you step into the back seat.

If George Bush or some other republican ever said this they would be branded a racist and publicly flogged on every news station for months. That is so horrifically racist I am at a loss as to why people aren't going nuts.

If he wants to continue that line of thought, why doesn't he just incarcerate all young black males using the same logic?

We all know he's an anti but this really seems like he may have a real mental problem with a comment like that. Could this be the onset of Dementia? What else would explain comments like that?

Greg

so it ok to deny us citizens 21 years of age and older the used of constitutionally guaranteed rights (i.e buying and using a handgun)? is this what bloom turd is saying?

At least he's honest about his discrimination. In Mass' police chief discretionary system you ultimately end up with poor minority communities being denied disproportionately. Furthermore, the training, licensing fees and PROPOSED insurance requirements are all further economic barriers to firearm ownership.

Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25

I'd like to know where that statistic comes from. 95% ??? And what percentage happens with the use of a firearm?
But I am calling bullshit on the 95% figure.[bs2]

Back
Top Bottom