• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bloomberg and LaPierre on Meet the Press

I did not see it, but talked on the phone with my mother this morning. She said Lapierre is crazy and should listen to Bloomturd. I told her I didn't see it, but I believe Lapierre before I'd believe Bloomturd. She said "why do you need more than 3 shots", to which I answered "For when there are 30 soldiers or other bad people coming at me". I may be motivated enough today to rejoin the NRA now.

Is the guy doing the interview the one who broke the law, by bringing high capacity magazines onto his show?

He is, but he seems strangely non partisan when he interviews, he asked some pretty good questions towards bloomberg, so he may only be half an assbag

He pulls statistics out of his ass and passes them off as fact.

With enough money and enough dull voters you can pretty much pass off anything you want as fact. He and the half-wits that are the NY voters are a testament to that. Chic politics rather than common sense politics win the day in places like Boston, NY, CA, etc.

yeah Dick Gregory, whose kids are said to attend the same school with Obama's and their armed guards (but he doesn't support that for everyone else). Gregory also got the liberal memo and opened the segment by calling it the "gun safety" debate, instead of calling it gun control...

David Gregory and Dick Gregory are very different guys, not likely related -- but probably in agreement on banning guns.

--jcr

I tuned in late, but I saw the summary round table which was disgusting.

Meet the Press

The lithping, slobbering pieth of thit E.J. Dionne was going craythy. He muth have bit hith tongue 50 timeth squaking about background thecks and big magathinth. I have never wanted to punch my TV before. ---If you have never seen this guy you owe it to yourself to click the link.

Then the woman (don't know her name) goes into how she wants to "reach for the stars" with bullshit legislation so that maybe she "get's the moon". It is so clear this is about punitive marginalization of gun owners and has nothing to do with crime.

I hope Mr. LaPierre actually straightened him out on the facts and stayed calm. Last time I saw him on tv he let so many lies pass by without even noticing them and correcting them I threw up.

Having said that any of us who do not belong to the NRA are bending over for Bloomberg and Feinstein. They are the most powerful citizens rights organization that is looking after our Constitutional rights. If you haven't joined now, please do it ASAP since they need the numbers, and the numbers are what keeps the pols in line.

Last edited:
Having said that any of us who do not belong to the NRA are bending over for Bloomberg and Feinstein. They are the most powerful citizens rights organization that is looking after our Constitutional rights. If you haven't joined now, please do it ASAP since they need the numbers, and the numbers are what keeps the pols in line.
Amen brother. If you can't pony up $25 a year to help fight for the 2nd Amendment, you need to think about what it has cost others to secure that right.

I didn't see all of the interview, but LaPierre did a good job in what I did see. Gregory didn't even make fun of the armed guards in schools idea this time. LaPierre hammered two points consistently. One was improving mental health care in this country. That includes making sure that people who are adjudicated as mentally ill getting their names into the NICS system. The other thing was he brought up Project Exilel, which goes back to the Clinton Administration. Enforcing the existing felon in possession laws would be a good start, provided that felon is redefined to violent felon. The whole prohibited person system makes it too easy for the ATF to declare someone a PP. That needs to be fixed, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bloomberg might have support in NYC, but in most of the rest of the country people aren't buying his ideas.

The truth is, if you're in Congress and you vote for any anti-gun legislation you're signing off on the end of your career. It's been proven once before and it will happen again. With social media the word will spread like wildfire and if you thought it was bad back then you'll have a tough time getting a job at a fast food restaurant now.
Cuomo killed any chance to be viable POTUS nominee.

Where are you reading preemptive incarceration into it? I'm referring to re-evaluating our entire system of crime and punishment. My stance would be that violent crimes be punished more severely, and repeat violent offenders not be released.

I guess I read to deep into that. To me it sounded like, "if you are too crazy for a weapon, lock them up" There are plenty of crazy people out there who haven't done anything wrong, locking them up without any crime would be a crime in and of itself.

I guess I read to deep into that. To me it sounded like, "if you are too crazy for a weapon, lock them up" There are plenty of crazy people out there who haven't done anything wrong, locking them up without any crime would be a crime in and of itself.

We're in agreement there. I do not condone any form of pre-crime type BS.

Bloomberg is a Hitler/Stalin/Mao. He doesn't actually care what you think. He's knows what's best and he'll abuse ever single strand of power at his disposal to make you live the way he wants you to.

Back
Top Bottom