• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bloody Calculus: anti-gun politician scared of assasination

June4th

NES Member
I came across Bob Owens article by FB surfing today. This is the first time I came to his blog and he put it in poignant words describing the awkward situation we are in now:

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/04/bloody-calculus/

Camouflaged-sniper-e1365116327664.jpg

New York Democrat Carolyn Maloney claims that her office has received death threats as a result of her anti-constitutional activities:

Rep. Carolyn Maloney said she received death threats Tuesday at her upper East Side office warning her not to move forward with gun control legislation.

“They said they were going to kill me,” said Maloney. The Democratic congresswoman was so disturbed by the three menacing phone calls — which came about an hour apart — that she skipped a dinner Tuesday night of the Friends of the Upper East Side Historic Districts, where she was supposed to present an award. “I couldn’t go. Who knows what could happen?”

While I think the odds of an assassination over gun control policy is generally infinitesimal (the last Congressional Representative killed in office was Leo Ryan, gunned down by Jim Jones’ cultists in Africa South America in 1978), the current political climate suggests that their is the remote but emerging possibility of such an action.

Why?

Politicians up to and including the President and his Executive branch officials are waging a war of disinformation and outright lies to undermine the rights of the American people.
The mainstream media is actively colluding with these politicians to wage a war of disinformation and outright lies regarding the role of firearms in crimes, firearms and firearms laws, and slandering the nearly 100 million Americans that are part of the firearms-owning community.
This collusion between these groups (which I’ve argued is one incestuous group, dubbed the “polimedia”) have led to the passage of the most draconian gun laws in history in the states of New York, Connecticut, Maryland, and Colorado. The polimedia intends to spread to other states and the entire Republic if at all possible. This is causing considerable economic harm, and dramatically restricting Constitutional and God-given liberties, creating a motive.

The Alinsky tactics celebrated and used by the radical Leftists from the President down to the lowliest media stenographer are excellent at attacking law-abiding organizations and groups, but they have a fatal flaw; Alinsky tactics only work when they are used by the corrupt to target the equally corrupt. These vicious Marxist political tactics may run the distinct risk of triggering an unpredictable, potentially violent response when applied against the citizenry itself.

It is not easy to rouse the American public to take up arms against government, and that is as it should be. The overwhelming majority of American citizens are very much like the Colonial citizens of the 1760s and 1770s; they wish merely to be left alone to live their lives without government interference.

We have no desire to initiate conflict, and will avoid it if at all possible. We have always been slow to anger.

Even on April 19, 1775, it took the British massacre of Parker’s dispersing militia on Lexington Green and the British assault on the Acton Minutemen at Concord’s North Bridge and the British forming up to launch a third unprovoked attack on Colonials following the column before the citizenry committed to taking the fight to General Gage’s gun-grabbing forces, triggering the bloody war that led to our Republic.

I personally do not expect the next revolution to break out in this nation until the government itself once again launches an unprovoked attack on the liberty of the People, but many thousands of Americans feel that the actions of this Administration, this polimedia, are already waging that war against the citizenry.

It only takes the breaching of the peace by either side—a present-day Waco, or perhaps a single assassination of an anti-Liberty politician or media figure—to let slip a cascade of actions and retaliations that will lead to a slide into anarchy.

We’ve read enough of war to know that we do not want our children to experience it firsthand for themselves.

But we must face the fact that we live in a time and place where there are good people who are calculating whether war, while horrible, is the worst of things.

We live in a time where good people are weighing the loss of their own live,s against the loss of freedoms their children and grandchildren may experience if our generation fail to stop a creeping tyranny.

In such an environment, thousands of Americans may have already done the bloody calculus, and have judged that the motive of liberty is sufficient, and that they will act to put a petty tyrant in the grave if they have the means and the opportunity. Opportunity, of course, is only limited by imagination and determination.

So yes, Carolyn Maloney, “who knows what may happen?”

I continue to hope and pray that the seemingly inexorable march towards a rending of this Republic can be resolved peaceably, but I am a student of history, and know that once the citizenry has judged the government is a threat and not a servant, then that government will fall, or will continue down the path of becoming monsters, devouring the very people they are sworn to protect.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

There's a quote I've seen here before...something like.

"Don't want me and my friends hunting you down? Then don't try and take our guns away"

That fits perfect here.

It wouldn't shock me if a anti freedom politician ends up getting assassinated any more then it shocks me when a burglar gets blown away. They are after all doing pretty much the same thing, trying to take things from people who didn't exactly invite them to show up and try to take away their shit. I actually kind of expect it to happen, theres plenty of people you can only slap in the face so many times before they lay you out cold.

Until I see some liberal Harvard professor of American history writes such words, I won't believe it.
To the elected folks in gov, continue to boil the frog, he ain't gonna do nothin to you.

Maloney is most likely full of crap and just trying to ratchet up more anti-anything rhetoric. She may be saying it to get "compassion" support. I don't believe anything that comes out of a politician's mouth unless it's vomit, then I'll believe that they made a true statement, they were sick.

Maloney is most likely full of crap and just trying to ratchet up more anti-anything rhetoric. She may be saying it to get "compassion" support. I don't believe anything that comes out of a politician's mouth unless it's vomit, then I'll believe that they made a true statement, they were sick.

This. They don't live in fear. They know the people don't have the stomach for this.

I think nothing has happened because they're scared the repercussions would be worse than the underlying problem? It would do you no good to take an action and have the reaction cause more of what you're fighting against. Someone asked what "go time" was and it's the time when the end is inevitable and there is nothing left but violence. I think we all have hope that time will never come. At least I hope we are.

Politicians feel they are justified in doing what they're doing. You have Republicans right now voting for bills they should be voting against. Instead of anyone really sitting down with them and saying, "were you confused when that bill hit your desk?" everyone is shouting and saying articles like this and we're not even close to that time yet. Which means, in reality, everyone is just sitting around waiting for the Go Time clock to ring.

If you keep telling your kid, "you'll get punished if you do that" and he keeps doing it and you never actually follow through, your ability to reprimand your child will have no power and will be ignored. Guess what guys. You're all being ignored.

Let me see... gun owners do nothing, guns are bad. A politician destroying the Constitution gets whacked with a gun, "see, guns are bad."

The solution (and memo to he/she to "go postal"): don't use a gun, but, rather, weaponize something interesting, like an E-Z-Bake Oven, or My Little Pony, or an ABBA CD.

Of course, that may backfire, as the NEW line would be, "See? You don't need a gun. All you need is My Little Pony!"

I really wonder where this country will be in 100 years. I believe there is a chance it could split into 2 countries, nanny states and free states. Given my avitar you can guess it something I think about a lot. I will be gone but I hope the split is non-violent.

If you look at history the pre-civil period (abt 1830 to 1860) was a period of really nasty politics and the radicals of both sides polarized the country to such an extent war was inevitable. I think we are going into an era that resembles the 1830s to 1860s however it has not has gotten as nasty as it did in the 1830s and 1850s (boarder wars in Missouri and Kentucky), But we are getting there IMHO.

regards

I think it already has.

I think you're wrong and severely under estimate how the rest of this country thinks and operates. Even government's own actions prove you wrong, they're preparing more and faster than anyone else because they know the lid is going to blow off this "melting pot".

People are very patient and will suffer alot before acting. That limit is being reached at breakneck speed.

I think the wood pile will start very soon and be larger than anyone ever expected.

I think you're wrong and severely under estimate how the rest of this country thinks and operates. Even government's own actions prove you wrong, they're preparing more and faster than anyone else because they know the lid is going to blow off this "melting pot".

People are very patient and will suffer alot before acting. That limit is being reached at breakneck speed.

I think the wood pile will start very soon and be larger than anyone ever expected.

I don't think I'm wrong. So far, people have stood in line and taken it. I don't expect that to change.

I guess we'll see.

I really wonder where this country will be in 100 years. I believe there is a chance it could split into 2 countries, nanny states and free states. Given my avitar you can guess it something I think about a lot. I will be gone but I hope the split is non-violent.

If you look at history the pre-civil period (abt 1830 to 1860) was a period of really nasty politics and the radicals of both sides polarized the country to such an extent war was inevitable. I think we are going into an era that resembles the 1830s to 1860s however it has not has gotten as nasty as it did in the 1830s and 1850s (boarder wars in Missouri and Kentucky), But we are getting there IMHO.

regards
The country is already divided along Urban/suburban vs. rural/semi-rural States/Counties. Unfortunately the urban areas have the population and the liberals.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney said she received death threats Tuesday at her upper East Side office warning her not to move forward with gun control legislation.

“They said they were going to kill me,” said Maloney. The Democratic congresswoman was so disturbed by the three menacing phone calls — which came about an hour apart — that she skipped a dinner Tuesday night of the Friends of the Upper East Side Historic Districts, where she was supposed to present an award. “I couldn’t go. Who knows what could happen?”

While I think the odds of an assassination over gun control policy is generally infinitesimal (the last Congressional Representative killed in office was Leo Ryan, gunned down by Jim Jones’ cultists in Africa South America in 1978), the current political climate suggests that their is the remote but emerging possibility of such an action.
She's nothing more than an ignorant media whore. She's a one issue politician and her claim to fame was that her husband was target practice for a maniac.

Let me see... gun owners do nothing, guns are bad. A politician destroying the Constitution gets whacked with a gun, "see, guns are bad."

But it's one less cockroach to listen to. And if enough of them die off, they'll learn to shut their mouth that much sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

The country is already divided along Urban/suburban vs. rural/semi-rural States/Counties. Unfortunately the urban areas have the population and the liberals.

Once they die off, it'll be back to rural beginnings. I'm not opposed to this...

Ya? Care to expand on that a bit?
Urban/suburban areas are populated by liberal Dems who support big govt., Unions, gun control,etc. See the Northeast, Rust Belt, Ca. Rural/semi-rural areas, mostly in the South and West, do not. Hence Red State/Blue State.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone needs to remind Maloney that she and her followers started it. When you go after peoples rights and property what do you expect?

Back
Top Bottom