Blood pressure gets high when go online......

I can't be the only one whose blood pressure starts to go up when I start to see all the articles not only attacking the 2A, but all the others as well? Not to mention all the other stupid news feeds about kids getting suspended for eating their pop tart into the shape of a gun. There have been time where I wonder at what point will people just fold up shop and allow the stupidity to steam roll over them? There is no other feeling then the frustration of doing all you can to raise your children and others to be proper upstanding citizens and then they are exposed to all the stupid shit in the world.

What to others do to alleviate the problems of idiotic behavior in society?

I know it's nuts. we used to play cops and robbers at recess on school grounds with cap guns we brought. We'd often get the cap guns taken away because we weren't supposed to bring toys to school but it had nothing to do with them being guns....we'd just switch to using our hands and yelling out bang bang bang.

I used to draw cowboys with guns and stuff when I was little and never got any crap for it.

I think what you need to do, and I don't yet have kids of my own, is to teach them the truth at home...undo a lot of the BS they get in school. Don't just "check" that their homework is done, but really review it. Teach them to never take what they're taught or read as gospel truth and instead work on their critical thinking skills. Teach them to be independent thinkers, show them how to research things, teach them to experience things before making judgements about them (within reason, I mean don't teach your kids to shoot up heroin to determine heroin is bad, but you get the picture).

Knowledge is the key. Knowledge is not what's taught at liberal sheep day camps. They need to know that the only way to truly learn anything is to question everything.

I just fondle some of my firearms, or knives, check my ammo supply and figure out good defense positions for inside the house. Let them come and TRY to take what's mine...

For the record, I don't have any kids, not married either, so some of this stuff doesn't directly effect me. I see the stupidity being shown by a great many schools, towns, the .gov in general and I'm just waiting for the shit to hit the fan (it's at least the size of a GE90 by now).

That being said [IMO/IME] you can't fix/cure stupid, or FMD (Fudd Moonbat Disease). It's terminal 99.995% of the time. Either from the disease itself, or pissing off someone that doesn't have FMD, who then has to terminate the infected individual in order to maintain their sanity.

This. I let it get to me for far too long. It's not worth it. Just live your life the best you can, and do your best to educate your kids about the idiocy going on in the world. Like others have said, teach them to think for themselves.

Oh, and stock up on guns, boolits, food, and TP so you'll be ready for go time. Just in case. ;)

Buck.

Sent from Buck's antlers. Yes, they have secret built-in antennas.

Sent from Buck's antlers. Yes, they have secret built-in antennas.

Ignore it. I don't even bother reading a single thing on websites like the Ny times, wash post, boston globe, newsweek, huffington post, etc. Just a bunch of nuts yapping about stuff they don't know a thing about. Why waste my time on those nitwits, and why give them web hits where they think they matter.

You're never going to change society and you're never going to change people. The sooner you get comfortable with that, the happier your life will be. There will always be liberals, there will always be libertarians, there will always be Marxists and Leninists and corruption and evil and war and death and nanny staters and people who insist that you think of the children.

What you do is you support the things you believe in in ways that improve your life, rather than hinder it. Ask yourself: why do I read news feeds full of events that infuriate me which I have no control over? Is it because you really think you can do something to change the situation, or because you want to see how shitty the world is becoming all around you? When it's the latter, and it usually is, you're just entangling yourself with negativity and suffering. There's plenty of negativity and suffering in life that you have no choice but to deal with, so why invite more in?

It's a choice we all have. I think if more people started focusing a little more on the good, on their own happiness, and on things that they could do something about, the world would probably take a turn for the better.

I was at Walmart today buying ammo. As the kid was looking for what I wanted I notice a mother and her child. The mother just stared at me with a dirty
look like I was committing a crime.I just smiled and wished all a happy new year.

I was at Walmart today buying ammo. As the kid was looking for what I wanted I notice a mother and her child. The mother just stared at me with a dirty
look like I was committing a crime.I just smiled and wished all a happy new year.

Did you smile like Jack Nicholson in the shining?[smile]

Only happens when I see a gun I want online at 'it's a steal' prices. My entire body and mind go into seek-and-acquire mode: blood pressure goes up, throat goes dry, stomach tightens up and I get a huge boner.

Do I have a problem?

Only happens when I see a gun I want online at 'it's a steal' prices. My entire body and mind go into seek-and-acquire mode: blood pressure goes up, throat goes dry, stomach tightens up and I get a huge boner.

Do I have a problem?
You do if I see it first [smile]

ill just leave this hereView attachment 89673

I saw that a few minutes ago... pretty funny, it would be interesting to see how they did the poll, who were the other choices? Barry got 16% of the votes, while he did 'win' that aint too impressive in my book. But I am sure he got plenty of votes from recipients of Obamaphones.

Back
Top Bottom