Block gen 5

Ambi slide stop for lefties?

This and that people spoke and didn't want finger grooves. They never bothered me and they never will. If they were selling for 650 then forget it but a new Gen 5 for the same price as a 4 then hey why not.

The trigger feels almost the same but not as spongy but close. Reset seems better and I do like the non serrated trig face.

Glock 19 gen 5 already posted to classifieds and sold.......that didn't take long. BAHAHAHA

And someone probably paid out the ass for it.

Anyone with a LTC in MA can legally purchase and transfer a G19 Gen5 into MA if they know how the system works. Realistically the only handguns that you can't transfer into MA are the so called "assault pistols" - and even those you can still get legally if you look hard enough.

I'm sure Kisspik002 knows this Steyr_AUG

People pay for what they want, we all know a Preban G19 Sq notch isn't worth more than 23.00 but we pay triple that (If not more) "Just to have it".
I could care less if someone paid 600 for a Gen 4 or 5 and sold one for 800, No Likey no Buy-E

Last edited:
I'm sure Kisspik002 know this Steyr_AUG

People pay for what they want, we all know a Preban G19 Sq notch isn't worth more than 23.00 but we pay triple that (If not more) "Just to have it".
I could care less if someone paid 600 for a Gen 4 or 5 and sold one for 800, No Likey no Buy-E

Haha thanks Mike. I believe the gen 5 sold for 825 Steyr_AUG. My point was the madness over the Glock gen 5 has begun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a G17 Gen 5.

I like it more than the Gen 4 I had previously. The removal of the finger grooves is a huge improvement, and I like the flared magwell.

Picked up a G17 Gen 5.

I like it more than the Gen 4 I had previously. The removal of the finger grooves is a huge improvement, and I like the flared magwell.

Agreed. Much softer shooting gun as well

$559 on Glockmeister

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-17-Gen5/productinfo/G17GEN5/

Good preview:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/25/gen5-glock-17-19/

THE FRYING PAN FINISH HAD RETURNED!!!

It's called: "nDLC".

Praise the Lord!!!

This is the best finish ever. It was on guns about 7 years ago.

ITS BACK!!!

Frying pan finish never went away. I have it on my USA made G-22 Gen 4, which I got 2 years ago.

I have the newer grey finish on my Austria or wherever made Gen 4 G-32 and I carry it all the time, and it looks like new. I'm perfectly happy with that finish as well.

Frying pan finish never went away. I have it on my USA made G-22 Gen 4, which I got 2 years ago.

I have the newer grey finish on my Austria or wherever made Gen 4 G-32 and I carry it all the time, and it looks like new. I'm perfectly happy with that finish as well.

My favorite finish of all my glocks is my G22 fish gill. It just feels and looks different from all my others.

I think my 22 fish gill had the older frying pan finish on it. Can't remember....

I like the internal changes....and think it should smooth out the trigger a bit....but Ill take a 350 dollar canik TP9SF over any glock for shootability. And reliability isn't bad either Ive got 2000 rounds of mostly reloads thru my canik without a hiccup. Better trigger, steel sights, good ergonomics, mags load easier. Its the plastic gun I shoot most accurate.

I piss my pants laughing at the thought of someone paying 800+ for any Glock.

Last edited:
I think my 22 fish gill had the older frying pan finish on it. Can't remember....

I like the internal changes....and think it should smooth out the trigger a bit....but Ill take a 350 dollar canik TP9SF over any glock for shootability. And reliability isn't bad either Ive got 2000 rounds of mostly reloads thru my canik without a hiccup. Better trigger, steel sights, good ergonomics, mags load easier. Its the plastic gun I shoot most accurate.

I piss my pants laughing at the thought of someone paying 800+ for any Glock.
For a range only gun I would absolutely. Choose the canik (or similar) over a marked up Glock too. But for a gun I'll carry or investigate noises after dark I'd pay a premium for a Glock. Capacity, holsters, and other accessories make the deal.

For a range only gun I would absolutely. Choose the canik (or similar) over a marked up Glock too. But for a gun I'll carry or investigate noises after dark I'd pay a premium for a Glock. Capacity, holsters, and other accessories make the deal.

For sure, best 350 Range gun out there. You should try the SFX, now that is a soft shooter. Feels like shooting a full size 9mm 1911

Pre 94 is fine. Some of them slide in under the weight limits.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Five criteria for assault weapon pistol and weight is only one. If it has two it is assault weapon. Pre 94 clearly is ideal as that can have all 5

1. Over 50 oz empty
2. Copy of fully auto
3. Mag outside pistol grip
4. Full/partial cover of barrel to permit offhand holding w/o burning
5. Threaded barrel

Cz scorpion evo 3 s1 for example is a perfect 5 for 5. Ar pistol even if you get under 50oz hits 2 and 3 as I have listed then (the order in the law is different but the list is correctly paraphrased)

Not sure which ones outside pre94 you can ever manage legally unless you get your FFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only thing that doesnt make the Canik a carry for me is lack of sight/holster etc

Id have no problem with it as far reliably protecting anything or investigating noises after dark as good as a glock would.

The only thing that doesnt make the Canik a carry for me is lack of sight/holster etc

Id have no problem with it as far reliably protecting anything or investigating noises after dark as good as a glock would.

Get a holster custom made.

And absolutely, never would have an issue using a plastic pew that isn't a Glock.. I carry my Springfield XDs daily. It's my go-to. At night my life is behind any firearm I can get my hands on and have loaded first. I don't own anything I could not reliably trust my life with.

I will not be jumping on the gen 5 conga line , they can claim that their marksman barrels are better , but as we know the process for making polygonal rifling requires cold hammer forging vs a die cutting machine to make lands a grooves, They did not place the MOS feature on the gen 5 , while i like the finish , they basically made the gun incompatible with any of the previous generations parts , there are a few things i like , like replacing the leaf spring for take down with an actual coiled spring , but that cut out in the front of the G19 Gen 5 grip is horrible , it is sharp and annoying to grip.. yes i know its for mag stripping.

about L+G vs Poly
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/gun-barrels-conventional-polygonal/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/10/the-more-you-know-polygonal-rifling/
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/rifling.html
http://www.guns.com/2013/12/07/polygonal-lands-grooves-glock-tests-bbti/

I will not be jumping on the gen 5 conga line , they can claim that their marksman barrels are better , but as we know the process for making polygonal rifling requires cold hammer forging vs a die cutting machine to make lands a grooves, They did not place the MOS feature on the gen 5 , while i like the finish , they basically made the gun incompatible with any of the previous generations parts

If it takes the old mags, does this really matter? Not really. Glock will produce scads of parts for this thing.

, there are a few things i like , like replacing the leaf spring for take down with an actual coiled spring , but that cut out in the front of the G19 Gen 5 grip is horrible , it is sharp and annoying to grip.. yes i know its for mag stripping.

I'll have to try one to pass judgement on that part I think... lol

Five criteria for assault weapon pistol and weight is only one. If it has two it is assault weapon. Pre 94 clearly is ideal as that can have all 5

1. Over 50 oz empty
2. Copy of fully auto
3. Mag outside pistol grip
4. Full/partial cover of barrel to permit offhand holding w/o burning
5. Threaded barrel

Cz scorpion evo 3 s1 for example is a perfect 5 for 5. Ar pistol even if you get under 50oz hits 2 and 3 as I have listed then (the order in the law is different but the list is correctly paraphrased)

Not sure which ones outside pre94 you can ever manage legally unless you get your FFL.

All of that is true but it has absolutely nothing to do with a Gen5 Glock.

Not directed at you, per se, but why does every other gun review/preview thread devolve into a discussion of MA legal stupidity particularly one that didn't start as a law thread? Can't we just talk about the pistol without getting embroiled in MA legal garbage? lol.

-Mike

If it takes the old mags, does this really matter? Not really. Glock will produce scads of parts for this thing.

I'll have to try one to pass judgement on that part I think... lol

Pearce used to make a mag floor plate that filled in the half moon on the gen 2's, I wonder if that'd work on the 5's.

Found it: http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-FML

I used to put bike tire inner tubes around a gen 2 19 to help with grip but it also served to cover the cutout.

For sure, best 350 Range gun out there. You should try the SFX, now that is a soft shooter. Feels like shooting a full size 9mm 1911

SFX is on the short list. I've been looking at getting one....had one in my hands last time I was in South Carolina and it was sweet.

As far as the Gen 5 goes....I'm MEH on the whole thing. I'm good with the Gen 4's.

Last edited:
l
That depends on the reason why you get the gun. The sole and only reason I own one is that my group of friends and I decided on 9mm Glocks and mil spec ARs as common firearms, in the spirit of gear consolidation and mag sharing, parts and so on. If it wasn't for that, I would not own one. So, parts interchangeability is important to some.

Back
Top Bottom