• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Block a dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serapis

Navy Veteran
Why does it tell me I can't ignore an Admin when I go to block a dealer? Very very annoying. One dealer in particular that I'm tired of them junking up the classifieds with guerilla marketing for the entirety of their store.

Well they are paying a bit more then the rest of us to peddle their wares.

Reason is that vB is designed so that nobody can block someone with Mod privileges. All dealers and instructors have limited Mod privileges (we can act as a Mod but only in our own sub-forum).

Therefore, nobody can block any dealers or instructors.

I'm with you and have tried to do it for a couple of dealers and we can't do it.

Having it forced down ones throat is not putting anyone into a buying mood. There should be a limit as to how many threads they can bump at once.
It kinda blows having the first 2-3 pages of new posts, all from one vendor.

Why does it tell me I can't ignore an Admin when I go to block a dealer?

It's because dealer accounts have certain admin privileges in their own sub-forum area, and the way the software works you can't block or ignore an admin. In other words it's a software limitation.

True, but it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't post for 1-2 years with the same price, only change is a BTT each week. They should "get the hint" that their pricing is obscene and that's why nobody is buying the product. And to make it worse, it's like diarrhea, they post the BTT for the same 20-40 items every 3-7 days!

Last edited:

I completely understand that, but one in particular goes way over board recently. Clogs it up with trinkets while other paying dealers get lost in wash out. That's not fair to them. They pay their fair share too.

Closing this because the technical question that was asked has been answered and now that it has there's really no "technical support" required.

If you want to discuss policy issues, probably best to start something in off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom