Blazer Brass 9mm Failures to feed

ive actually had 7 failure to feeds in my M&P9 and 9L. all from the same box, 2 where the bullet was actually ripped out of case either on the way in or out but had to remove from chamber, I also had failure to feeds on a few others that were maybe oversize, I would call them warped, but im pretty new to this world. made it through a box of 50 started on the next. This box shot with no problems, i did have the same issue in both guns, and prior to this have shot over 1000 blazer brass rounds without a problem. again, new to guns, but had a similar problem. this week and today

I just shot some blazer brass tonight through my brand new 9mm shield. First shots through the gun and i had a miss feed with the BB. Also shot 50 rounds on blazer aluminum and had 2 miss feeds... im also brand new to guns. So maybe i was doing something wrong to cause the miss feeds... any advice would be greaty appreciated

I just shot some blazer brass tonight through my brand new 9mm shield. First shots through the gun and i had a miss feed with the BB. Also shot 50 rounds on blazer aluminum and had 2 miss feeds... im also brand new to guns. So maybe i was doing something wrong to cause the miss feeds... any advice would be greaty appreciated

It could be the ammo however with a gun that small chambered in 9mm, you need to make sure you have a good grip and your not limp wristing it. That will for sure cause feeding issues.

Limp wrist or just a tight fit somewhere and needs to break in.

You should also load your mags and keep them loaded. The springs in new mags are usually very tight and will loosen up a bit with use, so this could also be part of the problem (new gun plus new mags). After a couple of hundred rounds or more, you should see an improvement with no feed/ejection issues.

I just had the same problem with 2 boxes of Blazer Brass 115g, I have been using it for years without any issues but the last two boxes bought about a month ago were preventing the bolt from going into battery completely, clean rifle, with no history of failures. As soon as I switched ammo problem solved. I wish I had brought the failed rounds home to check them but did not think about it at the time..

Resurrecting an old thread - hit the range couple days ago with a case of Blazer brass 115gr and a factory G19 gen 4. Twice had a projectile fall out of the case when it was chambered, for whatever reason the pistol didn't fire (not even a dimple on the primer) for those two rounds. We were shooting the same ammo through a P80SC and a 9mm AR with no issues. I sent a contact reply to CCI with the lot #, see what they have to say.

Edit:
Got my reply from CCI -
What has happened is what we call a skived bullet. We load on a plate system where there are 500 rounds loaded on the plate in one cycle of the press.
What causes the skived bullet is a plate shift and the bullet get started into the case at an angle. As the bullet is seated, the case mouth scrapes some of the copper material from the lead core. This creates a wad of copper material at the case mouth. Since the 9mm round headspaces from the case mouth, this wad of material will not allow the round to become fully chambered and will wedge the cartridge in the chamber. Since the firearm is out of battery, and you worked the hand to get the round out of the chamber, the bullet stayed in the chamber and spilled the propellant out.

Last edited:
I have had some issues with Blazer brass FMJ collapsing into itself when I put the lasts few rounds in a 42 round pre-ban mag..

Blaser FMJ isn't. It's plating, not a swaged jacked - covers the entire bullet including the base, but thicker than most plated bullets that let you see the actual contour of the lead surface.

Back
Top Bottom