Blazer ammunition

kurtb

NES Member
Has anyone used Blazer? I heard some bad things about it but picked up a box of S&W .40 because is was the only thing they had. If my gun is going to blow apart because it is junk, then I'll just save it to use as a last resort.

I have never had a problem with it. Some do not like the aluminum case, but I have not seen any incre4ased wear with its use. The only thing I do not use it in is my Marlin lever action as it specifically says not to. It has run fine through all my SIGs.

I used to use it in my M&P 9mm. The first 800 rounds I ever shot through the gun were Blazer aluminums. I can't find it anywhere so I just bought some lawman 9mm. Wish me luck, I have never used it before.

I have boatloads of .22LR Blazer... works great, never a misfeed in pistol or rifle.

I haven't used much of it in 9mm, but what little I have has been just fine.

I've shot it through my m&p and had no problem. I think the only thing people aren't that thrilled about are the aluminum cases - can't reload it.

shot it in a k frame .357 and had to beat the ejector rod on the bench to get them out of the cylinder, that was 25 years ago and I have never bought another round of it.

Has anyone used Blazer? I heard some bad things about it but picked up a box of S&W .40 because is was the only thing they had. If my gun is going to blow apart because it is junk, then I'll just save it to use as a last resort.
I've put at least 10,000 rounds of Blazer through my Glock 23 with no problems whatsoever. Shoot away.

Ive used it in 9mm .40 and 45 never had a single problem. In fact for acouple of years thats all I would buy and shoot...
~Drew

Thanks all -

I will go ahead and use it. The stuff I have is brass and I was surprised how cheap it was (Walmart). I pretty much will not use anything but brass unless its for my AK.

Kurt

... so I just bought some lawman 9mm. Wish me luck, I have never used it before.

You should have no problem. Have been using lawman 9mm in steel plate matches with no problem at all. Plates go down, no jams, no misfires, can't ask for more than that....except better marksmansip. [wink]

i've shot a couple thousand rounds of it through my 45 and had no problem. but a buddy of mine has had alot of ftfs out of his 40. maybe its just that cal. though i'd throw that out there

Personally i try to only get the blazer brass, i haven't ever had a problem with them. I steer clear of blazer aluminum, just a personal thing i don't like the idea.

I've used the .45 blazer aluminum in my Ruger P345, unless the gun is super clean, they give me problems, about one in 8 will fail to feed or eject properly, but the blazer brass I've never had a problem with. I have half a box of aluminum that I just won't shoot unless I'm out of everything else and the zombies are coming for me.

Personally i try to only get the blazer brass, i haven't ever had a problem with them. I steer clear of blazer aluminum, just a personal thing i don't like the idea.

I thought all "blazer" was aluminum???

results are always different, some guns like some ammo better. My S&W 4013TSW has chewed and spit everything I have put in it. My 45 same thing. my 9mm picky. my ruger MIII picky. my sks well it eats anything. my 10/22 almost certain to jam, FTF, stove pipe no matter what its diet is! try it, like it, eat some more!

I've used the .45 blazer aluminum in my Ruger P345, unless the gun is super clean, they give me problems, about one in 8 will fail to feed or eject properly, but the blazer brass I've never had a problem with. I have half a box of aluminum that I just won't shoot unless I'm out of everything else and the zombies are coming for me.

Not a gunsmith and have no tech. knowledge. Was warned by my dealer against using Blazer in my Thompson T-1-C and also in my Desert Eagle .357 Don't have the manuals in front of me, but I believe that Thompson specifically warns against using steel or aluminum case. I believe Desert Eagle does the same. Again....do not have the manuals in front of me, so I could be wrong.

Blazer Brass is boxer primed, reloadable brass.

Blazer (standard) is aluminum.

I've rarely had problems with it, but my M&P9 does not like the stuff. It ejects it at 12 o'clock low.

Thank you, did not know that. I thought all Blazer was either aluminum or steel.[grin]

I think the plain ol' Blazer suck. I'm basing my opinion on two boxes of 180 grain .40 S&W. They feel like they are loaded hotter than a lot of duty rounds that I have fired and I find my accuracy suffered. Other people at the range were asking what I was shotting because they were loud. Blazer Brass however I like. Blazer Brass are only $1 more (per 50 rounds), are re-loadable and to me, seem to have the same recoil in line with 180 grain duty rounds from Federal or Speer.

Last edited:
Blazer Brass is boxer primed, reloadable brass.

Blazer (standard) is aluminum.

I've rarely had problems with it, but my M&P9 does not like the stuff. It ejects it at 12 o'clock low.

Ditto. Always came back and hits me in the head when I shot it.

I think the plain ol' Blazer suck. I'm basing my opinion on two boxes of 180 grain .40 S&W. They feel like they are loaded hotter than a lot of duty rounds that I have fired and I find my accuracy suffered. Other people at the range were asking what I was shotting because they were loud. Blazer Brass however I like. Blazer Brass are only $1 more (per 50 rounds), are re-loadable and to me, seem to have the same recoil in line with 180 grain duty rounds from Federal or Speer.

Blazer Brass is my favorite, it's just hard to find these days.

From my experience w/ Blazer Brass I picked up at WallyWorld it's good stuff. It always goes bang, it's cheap, and it burns a hell of a lot cleaner than WWB.

-M

I've used thousands and thousands of rounds of Blazer AL and blazer brass
over the past several years with no problems.

If I wasn't reloading, I'd probably be using Blazer (both AL and Brass)
for just about everything.

IMO the only thing Blazer AL really sucks in is a revolver, because the
cases tend to stick a little in the cylinder.... would be fine for plinking but
shitty for competition.

-Mike

I used some Blazer aluminum in my G30 the other day and felt like it was loaded way hotter than usual ball ammo. It fed and cycled fine.

I've used the Blazer aluminum .40 in both my Glock 22 and M&P compact, several thousands rounds in the Glock and several hundred in the M&P, not a single problem yet!

Back
Top Bottom